Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

How can I Improve!

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2014, 04:03 PM
willshill
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I Improve!

HI,

My 03 wrx has a prodrive cat back installed (the oval one) and I have been told that the car may have had a PPP remap also as it does feel quicker than the standard WRX. I want to get a bit more BHP out of the car but need to find out the following first:

1) How can I tell if my car has been remapped without sticking it on a rolling road?
2) If I was to upgrade the air filer, is a remap essential?
3) Will a prodrive cat back exhaust give enough flow for me to upgrade the air filter and remap for additional power (if it isn't already remapped)

Much appreciated!
Old 09 October 2014, 04:39 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Ring prodrive. If it has a PPP fitted then the car reg will be registered with them. If it's not registered then it's not a genuine ppp upgrade.

Can change filter type without remap as the ECU will fuel correct. Don't bother upgrading to a seperate induction kit as it's pointless. The standard air intake system is very good indeed and uprated panel filter is more than suitable upgrade.

Not sure i've heard of an oval prodrive exhaust. Doesn't sound right to me. Sounds like a magnex back box. If you change the exhaust you may need a remap.

Talk to one of the mappers on here.
Old 13 October 2014, 08:12 PM
dave_t
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont think oval is prodrive so sounds a little questionable....
as mentioned above if it is a full prodrive kit it should be registered...

the full 'Prodrive' kit (ECU, exhaust, sports cat etc) is probably around 260 bhp...
my03 WRX is a standard car with a scrubber cat delete, exhaust, filter & RaceDynamix remap gave 280bhp