Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

not boosting over 1.1 bar

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2014, 01:43 PM
djquest
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not boosting over 1.1 bar

Hi All,

I'm currently having boost issues with my car. The car is mapped using syvecs to 1.5 bar. However it won't boost more then 1.1 bar at the most. The cal switch is set to the 1.5 bar map.I have tested with other maps such as 1.2 etc.but all show up as 1.1 bar.

I have replaced all the piping to the boost solonoid and turbo etc. I have even tried another 3 port but still get same issue.

Can anyone advise how i can do some diagnosis using syvecs to help me determine what the issue could be.

Any help will be appreciated. I have tried to contact my mapper but have not had any luck getting in contact with them.

Any help will be appreciated

djquest
Old 12 September 2014, 02:06 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Sounds like you could have a boost leak somewhere the fact that your getting the same boost level through all map settings,have a look around all intercooler hoses and boost pipes.SJ.
Old 12 September 2014, 02:11 PM
djquest
Scooby Regular

I removed all fmic pipe work and checked fmic aswel. Replaced clamps and boost hoses. I wondering if I could see in the logs for syvec what boost I was hitting to help me determine at least my solonoid and map sensor are working correctly.
Old 12 September 2014, 11:42 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

Did you downloaded SSuite from Syvecs if not please,install on your laptop,connect ECU with RJ45 cable(normal Ethernet cable for broadband),on your laptop select SData and there select Data -> Read Data/Auto read

If you want log more parameters,which doesn't show at logs the,with connected ECU please select SCfg,then select Device -> Get config,then will appear window and you can select which one parameter you want log in which frequency

Which parameters,means what have look on this

http://www.syvecs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=356

If you have all sensors installed,you should be able log data for oil temp/pressure,fuel pressure,ACT(air charge temperature),wideband,EGT etc

And what boost gauge are you using or you have fitted Toucan or Bluetooth module?

Not sure where are you located,but if you are somewhere near London,I'm happy to come and help you with this

Thanks,Jura
Old 13 September 2014, 10:21 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

are you sure it isnt seeing too much knock for some reason and the ecu is protecting the engine ?
Old 17 September 2014, 09:46 PM
djquest
Scooby Regular

not had a chance to check the Scooby with laptop connected yet. I appreciate all the help. Im guessing the log will show if it is knock.