Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

ESL Knock Control Map Correction. Fuelling or Ignition?

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2014, 04:27 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default ESL Knock Control Map Correction. Fuelling or Ignition?

Hi Guys,

Just checked on my ESL Map after ive been tweaking the last few weeks, slowly understanding it all ha ha, anyhoo, just checked my IAM and its At 16 which i understand to be good, means all my advance has been used and no knock detected so hasnt retarded, cool, yet when i check and refresh the Knock control Map i have an adjustment in 2 of the cells, see pics below.

So, fuelling at that range or ignition Base or advance needs to be altered in all your experienced opinions

Old 27 May 2014, 05:19 PM
tweaks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you not scale the knock control map load axis to be the same as the other tables ?
Looking at the tables real quick it falls into a 'grey area' and you might be able to pinpoint it more accurately if all your scalings were the same.

Tim
Old 27 May 2014, 05:22 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Totally agree but your unable to amend the axis of the knock control map to suit the other tables axis.
Old 28 May 2014, 02:12 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Yeah, knock control map is read only. Within reason it should be easy enough to tell where the ign is too high by datalogging. I have one cell on my knock control map that has 0.25 adjustment.

The iam of 16 may well seem good but it should ideally be lower than that. You need to know that your map isn't too retarded. As Andy points out you should be looking at an iam of 12. I know from experience that you may want to rely on the knock control map as it seems easier than listening with det cans as I fall into this category. Use the det cans and then the knock control map to confirm your analysis.
Old 29 May 2014, 02:10 AM
Dmacnz
Scooby Regular

I would add a bit more fuel in your cruise section where the Fine tune is adding fuel, and swap maps back and forwards to reset the table.

Is this is a stock ej20g/k? As guessing your are running around 1.3 bar if your scaling is stock. I would think the timing is a little retarded. The stock STI map is around 29 degrees at 6800rpm at .95 bar! Food for thought