Notices
Driving Dynamics Driving techniques (trail braking, power slides, donuts, scandinavian flicks, etc), and vehicle dynamics (roll centres, c/g weigh transfer, etc)

Help Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2005, 01:27 PM
stevep360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Traction Control

Can someone read this and tell me where the traction control button is on an 2004 wrx sti, i'm very confused!!!!!

Handling

No police on my preferred test route, thankfully, which is where the harsh ride paled into insignificance beside the road holding capabilities of this brute. Its cornering skills defy belief and, providing you’re not on the brakes at the apex, it’s nigh on impossible to spin this car with the electronic traction taming in place. You can go all day on the loud pedal round hairpins if you want and the car will catch the slides.

Turn them off and it will give the most lurid powerslides known to man and spin on a sixpence, as it did when setting a new world record for the number of donuts in a minute recently.

When stretching its impressive legs, another dimension becomes apparent. It may be easy to drive a Subaru fast, but smooth progress with the electronics on, well that’s harder than shooting flies with a nail-gun.
Old 09 May 2005, 05:21 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

It's under the passenger seat; lift the carpet and there's a little hatch. Open this, insert the 'traction control key' (you did get that key, didn't you?) and turn it to the right (marked 'traction control on').

Whatever you do, don't turn it to the left; this activates the 500bhp option, and will make the car too fast.

Oh, sorry, I'm mistaken. AFAIK there is no traction control, just the DCCD electronic centre differential thing. Maybe that's what the journo is blabbering on about?
Old 12 May 2005, 12:08 AM
Scoob+Bike=Fun
Scooby Regular

Hey stevep from Fchat! AdamC on there. the only traction control on my sti is the dccd, and it does work in a similar sort of way, mine goes sideways all day! have you got one?