Notices
Driving Dynamics Driving techniques (trail braking, power slides, donuts, scandinavian flicks, etc), and vehicle dynamics (roll centres, c/g weigh transfer, etc)

scooby training

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2004, 02:42 PM
LoneGranger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink scooby training

Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting some experience of driving an STi8 PPP in extremus - track day? - Will need car supplying as this is a pre-purchase evaluation effectively (dealers cant be expected to put up with sliding their demonstrators on public roads - nor do I feel up to it yet - however an hour on a track would be of immense benefit.)

Any pointers?
Old 10 July 2004, 10:01 PM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

there are rally schools that use wrx's but dunno about sti's

Andy
Old 12 July 2004, 12:39 PM
N1 SPAN
Scooby Regular

Try sending an e-mail to Subaru Uk letting them know you are interested in their car but need to see what it will do first. They should have promotional events around the place and they may let you give one a bit of stick.

Otherwise, you will need to trust the views of other drivers and magazines. there are loads of press articles of this car being used on track so depending what you are after they should answer your questions.
Old 13 July 2004, 02:04 PM
LoneGranger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by N1 SPAN
Try sending an e-mail to Subaru Uk letting them know you are interested in their car but need to see what it will do first. They should have promotional events around the place and they may let you give one a bit of stick.

Otherwise, you will need to trust the views of other drivers and magazines. there are loads of press articles of this car being used on track so depending what you are after they should answer your questions.
Thanks for advice, however Subaru I.M. say its all Dealer organised, as does Prodrive and I Have approached local dealer Crossroads nr Daventry (having had road test) and cant get a reply to my requests at all !!

I have had several quick blasts around the rev range with a couple of dealers but have no idea what they handle like (nervous passenger + not willing to push the demo car to its limits on public roads with only a few mins experience!!)

I have been up front and said that I shall not be buying one before end of summer and all dealers responded well and granted road tests - but actually getting to find out what makes an STi PPP any different from any other quick 4 seater by track experience (prepared to pay) is a different story.......

I live next to Rockingham track - any dealers out there bringing an STi PPP in the near future?
Old 14 July 2004, 11:10 AM
N1 SPAN
Scooby Regular

Shame Rockingham is now all BMW, they had STI 8's last year!!
Old 15 July 2004, 01:43 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by N1 SPAN
Shame Rockingham is now all BMW, they had STI 8's last year!!
OOPS!