Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

LAMDA SENSOR PROBLEM AFTER ECU SWAP FOR DELTAD DASH TEST

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2002, 08:44 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My laptop finally came back from service and because my cars mixture is a bit lean I thought I'd test another AE802 ECU, like my own, today, and there was no difference. The mixtures are the same, still around 0.86 Volts, so there goes that idea about maybe my ECU being faulty.

Yesterday I unplugged the O2sensor to see if it was faulty and to see if it was the cause of my leaner mix. I turned the ignition on to see if it read 0.3V on the Delta dash. It read 0.335V. I plugged it back in and it was OK on idle, oscillating up and down past 0.7volts. Today, I did some more logs with my ECU and the mixture was still 0.86Volts and at idle the O2 sensor was oscilating past 0.7 volts. I plugged in the other 802ECU and at idle it was the same, going past 0.7 v. I went for a log and it was the same 0.86v, so my ECU is not the problem.

After plugging my ECU back in I connected the Delta Dash to see if all was OK, on idle, but my lamda sensor is staying on 0.00volts. There is no movement.

What have I done? Did it stuff up now? If so, why now with the swap? Seems like too much co incidents to have died after the swap.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

wrexy.
Old 27 May 2002, 11:10 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Presumably you gave it a minute or two to warm up? Does sound odd.

As the temperatures have got "hotter" here, the lambda voltage has decreased despite the same fuelling - I wonder if this is why you see what you do. The only way to know is to use a gas analyser I suppose?
Old 27 May 2002, 11:22 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

I just disconnected my ECU and re connected it and it was the same. The engine was a little cool. The revs started at around 1100rpm. Then they all of a sudden increased to 1300 and the O2 sensor stared to show past 0.7volts. Beauty I thought. I then switched it off, did a reset and now it stays on 0.025 volts again. Like it got un stuck and now it's stuck again. I'm going to go plug the other ECU.

I forgot to mention that I unplugged the sensor again and it showed 0.335 volts again on the delta dash with ignition on. Also it's not coming up as a fault. Oh and I did let it warm up.

Is the sensor stuffed?

Cheers,

Wrexy.
Old 28 May 2002, 12:27 AM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Did the same with the other ECU. Connected it, switched on Engine and the O2 sensor displayed correctly after about 30seconds. I switched off the engine did a reset and it wouldn't work. It would only stay on 0.025 volts.

I put my ECU back in, started engine, after 30seconds the lamda showed correctly, so I left it at that. I didn't do another ECU reset.

I don't know of anyone here with a gas analyser. There is one 4WD RR in Greece and the shop does not have a gas analyser.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Cheers,

Wrexy.

[Edited by WREXY - 28/05/2002 00:28:27]
Old 28 May 2002, 12:57 AM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

I need to ask a favour. Would anyone that has a Delta dash, be able to connect delta dash to their car, start their car from cold, watch their O2 readings, which after about 30 seconds to 1 minute the readings should oscilate from anywhere to past 0.700/0.800volts, then wait till the revs drop to around 1200/1000, switch off their engine, wait around 15 seconds, then restart their car and observe what the lamda readings are, with attention to maybe the readings stay at around 0.25 volts without moving at all even for a few minutes? Could you then post your observations on here? PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

Cheers,

Wrexy.
Old 29 May 2002, 02:55 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

I did some more testing today on the lamda sensor, in a hot day of 30+ degrees celsius.

I started the car up from cold, and the readings were fine, going up and down from 0 to 0.835V. The readings started to register after about 45 seconds from start up.

I then went for a drive, switched off the engine, re started it after 5 minutes and after 10 seconds the readings were registering.

I then went for a long cruise, then switched off the engine and re started it after 3 minutes and the readings would not budge from zero, even for a good 5 minutes of waiting on idle. The odd thing is that if I would rev the car a little while stationary in neutral, the Maximum column would register a voltage of say 0.50, but the minimum and current columns would stay on zero.

I then started driving at a speed of around 38 mph and the maximum column again would change to say 0.835 volts but the current and minimum columns remained on 0.00. After about 7 minutes of driving at this speed the lamda voltage readings started to work properly again.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Wrexy.

[Edited by WREXY - 5/29/2002 2:57:44 PM]