Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Really need help I'm pulling my hair out !!

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2013, 05:23 PM
Itcharoo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really need help I'm pulling my hair out !!

I recently decided to do a conplete fluid change of my impreza sport awd 2.0 auto and when it came to empty my transmission fluid I emptied it into an old container changed the filter and as per my impreza service manual state 8.0ltrs of fluid is held. So added around 7 and shifted the gears about as normal took a reading at hot. It was well over the hot full level. So I have emptied again only around 4ltrs came out !? Guessing some is held back for transfer box but as I have filled 1/2ltr back I'm now struggling to get a reading the stick comes back either over the limit or way under ! Has anyone else has this problem and or have a solution with how they have changed before please ! Any help would be grateful !!
Old 30 August 2013, 06:48 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Itcharoo
I recently decided to do a conplete fluid change of my impreza sport awd 2.0 auto and when it came to empty my transmission fluid I emptied it into an old container changed the filter and as per my impreza service manual state 8.0ltrs of fluid is held. So added around 7 and shifted the gears about as normal took a reading at hot. It was well over the hot full level. So I have emptied again only around 4ltrs came out !? Guessing some is held back for transfer box but as I have filled 1/2ltr back I'm now struggling to get a reading the stick comes back either over the limit or way under ! Has anyone else has this problem and or have a solution with how they have changed before please ! Any help would be grateful !!
On autos you have to run it through the gears when filling oil. 1 2 3 reverse seversl times,then check level