03 Blobeye STI Gearbox Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2013, 08:59 AM
t2dex
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Blobeye STI Gearbox Help Please

Hi Guys,
Have a major issue with my gearbox in my 03 Blobeye STI.
Couple of days ago was driving car fine, Clutch has about 800 Miles on, Gearbox oil changed a couple of month ago everything was fine, Drove to AS performance then back home went for REVERSE gear and it wouldnt click in.

Most of the guys said Reverse Lockout Cable and showed me where it was.
So on my drive I got underneath asked my mate to move the gear stick so I could see what moved. I then moved the lever holding it in place and while the engine was off asked my mate to see if he could find reverse, It sounded exactly like it clicked into place so I was happy with that.

Booked it in garage told em what need adjusting cos i couldnt get into it with my limited tools.
Now the garage are saying its not going into reverse and what I had found was 6 gear, they say when they try reverse it forces the lever nearly breaking their fingers and pulls forward.

Car drives mint in all gears except reverse, Please help guys its doing my head in and needs to be on the road, Any ideas, Any idea of cost.

Any help is appreceated.

Cheers

Dex

Last edited by t2dex; 13 March 2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: typo
Old 13 March 2013, 09:40 AM
Hammer man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ain`t got a clue myself, but you could try sending a pm to David @ Api in Harbury. Hope you get it sorted....
Old 13 March 2013, 09:45 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

I don't know if this will help but it might give you a few ideas and things to check but if I was you take it to a gearbox Technician for a professional opinion.but try this link.SJ.http://www.ehow.com/how_8001329_car-...o-reverse.html
Old 13 March 2013, 09:57 AM
t2dex
Scooby Regular

thanks guys will try David. its got my head done in.
Old 13 March 2013, 03:11 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We've had a couple of these where the box has actually broken the reverse selector fork across the steel pin locating hole for the fork to the rail. 6 speeds have a steel fork on reverse and it seems to be a weak spot.

The box needs to come out and be stripped. From what you say and the way the garage are describing it, that is my opinion. Not as good as a direct involvement,for a diagnosis, but via the internet the best l can offer.

We can fix it, but not on a while-u-wait basis.

Yank the box and courier it here, and we'll fix it and return it - OR drive down, book a guest house for 2 nights and we can get you sorted out in the workshops here.

If I'm right and there is no other damage obvious inside the box, we'll probably get away with a bit less than a £1000.00 + VAT

£360.00 to remove / install and fill with oil
£360.00 to strip and rebuild the box
£165.00 reverse selector fork
£98.00 reverse selector rail
£2.42 steel pin.

There are no gaskets on a 6 speed and the oil seals should be OK, as we don't need to disturb them, if they aren't leaking now, no reason to s'pose they will start.

Call me if I can help David

01926 614333

Last edited by APIDavid; 13 March 2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 13 March 2013, 03:34 PM
t2dex
Scooby Regular

Default 03 Blobeye STI Gearbox Help Please

APIDavid,

Thanks very much for the information mate, Going to get my local garage to take the box out and see if it is that before I make a decision. If it is this is there anyway I can purchase the parts only as its a very long way down there on my busted gearbox

Thanks for the help again mate

Top Man

Dex