Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

fitting a dccd gvearbox into a classic

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2012, 07:33 PM
dooby-do
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitting a dccd gvearbox into a classic

hi people i have rebuilt my car and im useing a dccd ppg gearbox and r160 rear diff,however on the original car it had a controller for the rear diff but because i have fitted it into my classic it does not have this controller fitted so i have been told that it mean most of the power will run to the rear wheels,now is it a big job to fit the controller and what parts would i need so i can control how the power is shared,in my95 classic any advise would be much appricated regards ben
Old 17 November 2012, 02:49 AM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would be better fitting the likes of a neetronics controller it will give many more options than the standard thumbwheel and is simple to fit.
Old 23 November 2012, 01:30 PM
Evo Bizz
Scooby Regular

The DCCD does not control the front to rear split of power, it controls the amount of lock/slip of the centre diff.

In the open position the rear wheels and the front wheels can turn at whatever speeds they want, one set can be gripping and the other spinning. The further forward you wind the wheel the more the centre diff is locked. With the thumbwheel fully forward and the diff locked the front and rear wheels will turn at the same speed.

Without a contoller the diff will operate in open mode, i.e. no centre diff lock.

Last edited by Evo Bizz; 23 November 2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04 January 2013, 09:49 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

I bought a controller from Jeff at www.dccdpro.com when I have one in my MY98 WRX. Worked a treat.
Old 06 January 2013, 07:01 PM
d.kenny
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have managed to make a standalone loom to run my dccd gear box...i even got the lights to work on the dash!

it took 3 days of head scratching but i sorted it so it can be done...you need the dccd ecu though in order for it to work...dash lights are not essential but i wanted to see if it was all operating correctly