Inconsitent vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2012, 12:59 AM
serega
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inconsitent vibrations

Good day everyone.

I'm having a weird occurance of vibrations that seem to come and go as they please, it's only the third time that it has happend in the space of 4 days and it's hard for me to pinpoint what exactly is causing it, during the first 2 occurances i thought that maybe i just hit a bad patch of road, but during both times i got out to check my tires and after i drove off, everything was fine..and when it happend for the third time i was on a nice road that i know to be smooth so that got me suspicious, so i stopped again, checked the tires, wheels, engine and when i drove off, it's fine again..

Maybe someone had something similar happen to them, or is just drivetrain savvy?

1) Happens after a spirited run, just as im about to pace myself
2) Feels like i am driving down a pebbled road, not severe but certainly noticable
3) Happens at any speed, but never felt it under strong acceleration, only while slowing down, or during moderate acceleration.
4) Sticking it in neutral, or depressing the clutch doesnt change anything
5) After i stop and drive off again, there is no more vibrations, even if i rag it and slow down again.

I'm thinking either tie rods or engine mounts, are these reasonable assumptions?