Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Fitting a 6 speed to a P1

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2012, 06:23 PM
Adam-M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting a 6 speed to a P1

Hi there, Im looking into getting a 2005 STI UK widetrack 6 speed gearbox with full running gear to fit in a P1.

I don't want any of the old P1 running gear left in the car so im replacing, gearbox, diffs, front and rear driver shafts, prop and hubs.

Ive read that the DCCD box has its own ECU but ive never saw a seller advertising a DCCD ECU included in the sale, is this because its built inside the gearbox or what? If not where abouts in the car is it and can it be wired to the likes of Simtek or Syvecs?

Is there adaptor plates so the original 100PCD prodrive wheels can still be fitted, can the wheels be altered using a drill? Also want 114pcd wheels so modding the hubs ain't an option.

Also the DCCD display, could i wire the DCCD upto a set of type r dials or do i need to install newage clocks/dash ect? Dont want to guess where the diff is set, and dont want to fit the gearbox and not have a working DCCD because it needs its own ecu.

Also what Diffs does the 6 speed have, is it front and rear LSD or just rear LSD with crappy front?

Sorry about all the questions but want to get it right first time chaps. Fed up with no sideways, having understeer and worrying about breakages. Non DCCD box AIN'T an option, theyre pish.

Cheers Adam
Old 07 March 2012, 07:43 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could be wrong here but I think you will need something like DCCD Pro or simaler to control the dccd as the OEM one also uses the new age loom/ecu, same with the clocks a new age set would be a nightmare to fit, I don't think a Simtec can control it but I know the syvecs has dccd capabilities but not sure on the display options
Old 12 March 2012, 10:18 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neetronics or sti oem ecu or the higher end ecus.

Later dccd's (dccd-a) have all sorts of additional inputs like yaw etc, but earlier 5 or 6 speed dccd ecus will run the 6 speed dccd (as happens in my p1 with an 04 spec c dccd box and R180 rear end installed).
Old 27 March 2012, 10:48 PM
p1 kid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im putting a 06 dccd-a in my p1 and the dccdpro is the best one i think as i want to use the oem thumb wheel and auto switch for genuine look and the dccdpro can connect on to the dash cluster dccd display in the car, ive looked in to the lights on the dash cluster as i was going to change to a type r cluster with dccd on it but it wouldn't of have my mileage on them and didn't like the way the cluster was laid out with revs in middle and other warning lights are different, so i did some digging and if you take the cluster bezel off, the back part of the p1 clocks is same as the type r cluster it has the spaces for the dccd lights to be put in and wired up then all you need to do is swap cluster bezel and DCCD Indicator Light Panel & Cover of the type r clocks. look hear for pic http://www.rs25.com/forums/f176/t130...onversion.html
hope this helps
and what pcd wheels do you want to use because you wont be able to drill them they have to be machine perfect, if you want the 114 wheels you would need the sti hawkeye front and rear hubs as they are 5x114 pcd but if you change the front hubs they wont fit stright to the classic without changing the wish bones and front struts as far as i am aware the 2005 widetrack sti will have 5x100 pcd and bolt stright up, so you could use ur original prodrive wheels but if you got the brembo set up on your car like i have on mine the front wheels have to be min of 18" to fit over the brembos but ive got the p1 front hubs on mine don't no if this would be the case if you had the 2005 hubs tho cos with my hubs i had to use the spacing bracket to fit the brembos but with the new sti hubs you wouldn't need a spacing bracket as the are designed to fit the brembo calliper, this is just what iv have found out from reading and trial and error i could be a bit wrong on a few things like lol

Last edited by p1 kid; 28 March 2012 at 01:44 PM.