Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

6 speed conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2012, 05:03 PM
p1 kid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 speed conversion

Hi ive got an 2001 impreza p1 that will be bout 400bhp when it gets its simtek ecu and remapped. im wanting to put a 6 speed dccd box on her,i know that i need the box,drive shafts,prop and diff, ive already got the gold brembos on the car front and back and i can change the rear flanges on my hubs to match the new drive shafts so i dont have to change my hubs so i can keep my wheels cos the newer hubs have a diffrent pcd to the classic cars. I just don't know how or if i can wire the dccd control switch from the the car the gear box came from in to my p1 to controle the gear box, does it just wire into my cars wiring loom or ecu or something like that or could i not even use that one and have to get a after market controller? and also is there a 6 speed box that would be better suited to put on my car or would it be easier to just put the 6 speed box with out the dccd? I definitely want a uk box as the gearing is longer than the jdm ones.
Old 02 February 2012, 05:39 PM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Don't think you can use the dccd mate unless you change the wiring loom, but I'm sure an expert will be along shortly. Might be worth speaking to the professionals API, Engine Tuner etc.
Old 02 February 2012, 06:01 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You can buy an aftermarket DCCD controller mate.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http:/...Vlev3Zv_DyzHmw

I have a 6 Speed DCCD gearbox set up for sale if your interested, obviosuly you wouldnt need the whole kit if your already running front and rear brembos which will save you a good few bob.

Rob
Old 10 February 2012, 09:12 PM
p1 kid
Scooby Regular

Sorry i've been busy, ok cheers for that lads, no tar rob but cheers anyway only reason is i've just bought a 2006 wrx sti hawkeye impreza with the dccd box and only 36000 on the clock off my mates dad because he had crashed it and put it on its side, smashed all one side, so insurance put it as a cat c and he bought it back and sold it to me. its been at mine now a few days but haven't had chance to really look at it properly cos of the snow. went out to have a play with it today and its not even that bad, not even a mark on the front bumper backing beam, car starts up and drives, gear box is sound apart from the one damaged side its good lol. so im gonna strip the full car keep the gear box and diff for myself to put on my p1 as a upgrade, sell all the other bits aswell as my p1 gear box and diff then i should get my money back that i paid for the wrx sti and get the dccd box for my self for free, thats the plan if all goes well.