Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

clutch help

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2011, 09:45 AM
IAN WR1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch help

Hi everyone i need some help with me clutch on me WR1 6 speed with dccd the clutch is about 5000 miles old the clutch dont slip at all even when the md321t winds up but when i give it some beans in any gear and try to change gear it wont let me take it out of gear about a 5 second delay then it will come out of gear and go into the next gear with out problem / geabox fluid and clutch fluid was changed about a year ago Has anyone had the same happen to them or can anyone help
Old 24 September 2011, 06:18 PM
tommhm
Scooby Newbie

Hi there, im currently havin the same kinda problem. except ive had a new carbon cevlar clutch fitted in my 6 speed dccd box. i can up the gears without sinking the clutch but cant come down the box if i try an put my foot down on the gas it wont let it come out of gear. it started wednesday on the way bk from work, came off the motorway an when i sank the clutch it felt as thow there was alot of friction as i pushed the pedal up an down. then from that poin i havent been able to get the gears on boost an very hard to get gears when drivin slow, ive took it to ralliart this morning an they say the clutch is shot very pist off as its done 1300 miles an thats including 1000 miles running in the engine, so its done about 300 miles with boost, i think its just a faulty unit but nether the less its gona cost me. if anybody else has some input i would love to hear it.
Old 27 September 2011, 03:56 PM
IAN WR1
Scooby Regular

Default clutch

Hi there fb tuning has found out today that the clutch has had it the clutch plate has split in to 2 parts so new clutch and its sorted thankyou Richard
Old 27 September 2011, 10:02 PM
tommhm
Scooby Newbie

Hi, glad you have got it sorted out. i didn't get any joy so ive took abit of a stab in the dark and bought a new exedy sport clutch kit "pink box" what i should of bought in the first place really! and its being fitted this monday. just out of interest what clutch did you have in before that went wrong on you?
Old 27 September 2011, 10:19 PM
IAN WR1
Scooby Regular

Default FB TUNING

Hi there Tom i got my car on 39000 miles the clutch was fitted by scoobyclinic at 37000 and the car is on 42000 now it had a scoobyclinic uprated clutch at the cost of nearly £700 and the flywheel was not done. Richard from fb tuning fitted my new exedy sport clutch pink box that i got from lateral performance at the great price of £350 richard also found out that scoobyclinic didnt take out some parts from the clutch master cylinder(restrictor) and my clutch pedal now feels so much better good luck Tom i hope your scoob gets sorted for you

Last edited by IAN WR1; 29 September 2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 29 September 2011, 09:18 PM
tommhm
Scooby Newbie

Hi Ian. thats very interesting. i sent my sti ppp hawkeye down there for a new water jacket, broken water pipe an a remap fit air filter an fuel pump supplied by me an came away with a £2750 bill. i purchased uprated clutch off ebay originally, it was greenspeed an cost £330 + fitting. total rubbish i hope it will all be sorted monday with my exedy pink box! i shall keep my fingers crossed chap. thanks.