Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Best rear end setup for RWD GC8

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2011, 08:07 AM
Mitch C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best rear end setup for RWD GC8

I'm converting a classic RA that I picked up due to engine failure to rear wheel drive and am after some info for the rear end. I sold the diff as it matched the gearbox so I'll be looking for a replacement. What is the model of diff will I be looking for and are there any to be avoided due to lack of strength or fitment issues? What ratios are available and how much should I be paying for one? I won't be using the Subaru gearbox so it doesn't need to match anything ratio wise.

Also, is there any easy way of converting the PCD of the hubs to 5X114.3? I have a load of wheels that would fit it but only one set that fit it at the moment, and they are the ones on the car. I could get conversion spacers made up but don't really want to go this route as it'll probably need lots of arch modification to get anything decent under there.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05 June 2011, 11:08 AM
yellowevo
Scooby Regular

I have a subaru Quaife reare diff here that has less han 500 miles on it.It has been professionally built into the rear casing using new seals by an engineer.£400 plus postage

Old 05 June 2011, 03:42 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the R180 diff is the one to have.

PM inthoughtwelive, he converted his blobeye to RWD and used it for drifting so will know whats weak and whats strong.
Old 06 June 2011, 07:13 AM
Mitch C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yellowevo
I have a subaru Quaife reare diff here that has less han 500 miles on it.It has been professionally built into the rear casing using new seals by an engineer.£400 plus postage

Thanks for the offer mate but I sold mine for £50 as it matched the gearbox ratios, so I'm initially looking for a similar deal and will upgrade as funds allow.

Originally Posted by BLU
I think the R180 diff is the one to have.

PM inthoughtwelive, he converted his blobeye to RWD and used it for drifting so will know whats weak and whats strong.
I'll have a search for his posts, thanks very much