New Clutch...Issues!

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2011, 06:31 PM
stigs_scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Clutch...Issues!

Hi All!

About a month ago i bought a BluPrint clutch kit for my 98 Impreza Turbo 2000 Wagon, got it fitted and thought life was sweet.

About 2/3 weeks ago I was pulling off a dual carriageway and slowing down to a stop at the end of the slip road when the car kind of juddered as if I was about to stall. Since then the clutch has felt weird, the pedal 'clicks' when pressing it to the floor and releasing during shifts and occasionally the clutch seems to slip and I can smell oil and burning clutch.

It's a brand new clutch so not sure what the hell it is, also I wouldn't mind but i wasn't ragging it so there was no excuse for issues.

Any help on this is welcome, I'm currently waiting until I can get a day off to run her back to the garage but wondered if there was anything I could check first.

Thanks

Stiggy J
Old 14 April 2011, 08:01 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude you need to let the garage have a look did they supply the clutch if so then they need to sort it all out if not then you can send the clutch back if it buggered and get blue print to pay for the labour under the sales of good act but then it could be somthing else, i use to run a blue print clutch and it took a good 330-340 bhp