Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

MODIFICATIONS

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2002, 12:00 PM
THE BAT
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

HI,I WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE ON WHAT MODS I CAN DO TO MY IMPORT WRX APART FROM THE EXAUGHST AND AIRFILTER,I DONT NO MUCH ABOUT TURBOS AND BOOST PRESSURE,JUST AFTER A BIT OF ADVICE PLEASE

CHEERS

THE BAT.
Old 17 April 2002, 12:21 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

HAVE A BROWSE AROUND AND SEE WHAT PEOPLE LIKE IS THE BEST WAY TO SEE WHAT THERE IS.

Even better is to take caps-lock off
Old 17 April 2002, 02:01 PM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi,

Be careful tweaking the boost on an import. Unless you know what you are doing, it CAN have drastic consequences.

You run an import which is designed to use 100 RON fuel. The best you can get in this country readily is 98 RON Optimax. I presume you use Super unleaded at least?

If you fit exhaust and filter and up the boost, unless you are running decent fuel, you COULD cause your engine to run too lean which MAY result in it melting. I've seen this on an Import or two myself.

If I were you, I'd get some Octane booster such as Millers or NF and use Optimax. That should see your RON level around 100 which is where it should be. After filter and exhaust, you could try upping the boost with a Dawes Device, electronic boost controller or similar. It really is a matter of opinion, some people prefer one thing over another.

Are your brakes and suspension standard? If so, you might want to look at sorting them first as your car will be quicker on the road if it's set up right.

All this is just my opinion, I'm sure others will agree/disagree.

Cheers

Rich
Old 17 April 2002, 02:06 PM
Adam B
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

The Bat

I'd consider a boost gauge, knocklink and lambda link at the same time ... to give you some idea what's going on ...

Cheers

Adam