STI Hawkeye clutch advice urgently required

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2010, 08:39 PM
JohnScooby72
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI Hawkeye clutch advice urgently required

Need some urgent advice please...

Looking to purchase an STI Hawkeye 2.5 with 333BHP, 06 Reg, has 11,000 miles on the clock but it wasn't until after I took it for a test drive that speaking to a mate about the car I happened to mention how easy it was to push the clutch pedal down and he said surely it shouldn't be that light to push down on that kind of car?

The reason I'm asking for advice is because I've already left a deposit on the car and am concerned that the clutch may be a cheapo replacement that won't last very long and if the original was replaced after only 11,000 miles, what kind of punishment has the car been put through for the original clutch to have gone so soon?

Could anybody shed any light on this please? The car I have at the moment is a WRX on a 53 plate and pushing the clutch pedal on the Hawkeye seemed just as easy as mine is currently.
Old 15 June 2010, 09:46 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

hi mate, i dont think there is anything to worry about.. my bugeye sti has a really easy clutch and soft as you say and has done 90k with no problems.

my clio clutch is harder than the subaru one..

my brother on the other hand has a jdm blobeye sti and this car has a heavier clutch than mine, even though its standard?

at the same time my steering is heavier and his is lighter lol.. so i dont know .. i think the uk cars may have a lighter clutch? slight differences between models?

i'm pretty sure the car will be fine though as the standard clutches on these are soft compared to other cars.

someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

cheers
Old 17 June 2010, 02:14 PM
JohnScooby72
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the reply mate, that's made me feel a lot better about buying the car now,
Old 17 June 2010, 02:17 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't see the clutch being mullered at that power level tbh. If it's been launched and ragged it would be apparent else where too. FWIW changing clutches isn't that expensive. Clutch feel is quite light depending what you are used to I guess.
Old 17 June 2010, 04:35 PM
JohnScooby72
Scooby Newbie

thanks for your reply too, really appreciate it. I pick the car up in a week or two, I'll get some pictures put on here for everybody to have a look at.