Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Decatted STI 7

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2002, 10:34 PM
simakinen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone decatted their sti 7 with a full exhaust system, and if so what do you think of the performance? Does it feel any quicker? There seems to be conflicting opinions as to just now many cats there are on this car. Are there two or three cats? I think this would be a cracking car if it was as quick as a P1 or quicker. The standard car feels strangled which is why i have asked about the exhaust. Regards, SIMON
Old 22 March 2002, 10:48 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Simon,

Be carefull, I got my P-Sti 30th Jan and had plans to de-cat it straight away. In fact the dealer was going to fit the system before I picked the car up. Thank God the exhaust was late...

See thread below. Many peolpe like myself are watching and waiting for more feedback. Power Station seem to be on the ball and moving things forward.

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=80851

Old 23 March 2002, 04:22 AM
RT
Scooby Regular

FWIW, I know 2 other JDM STI's and 1 STI RA running around our island with a full decat. They also report spikes up to 1.7bar. 2 of them regularly track their cars and run 1.5bar with an EBC.

The cars are all slightly more than a year old, 30000-40000kms. (only one batch was imported in time before the EURO2 emissions kicked in.) Our daytime temp hovers around 30degC, petrol is 98RON tops.

SO FAR, no engine has blown. Fingers crossed!