Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

FITTED MY MAGNEX.

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2002, 07:37 PM
paul clarke
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I've bought a Magnex B/B and centre decat pipe with resonator for my 98M/Y uk turbo,the centre section had to go back as it was damaged so i thought i would fit just the back box then the centre section when it arrives to see what difference the two bits make.So when my wife went out leaving me with instructions to mow the 2'high grass i quickly got the car on the ramps and swapped the back box over,it really is as easy to do as everyone says just use plenty of penetrating fluid on the two bolts connecting the box to the centre section.Initial impressions are mostly favourable.The sound is much improved with a lovely deep burble at idle,however noise levels inside the car are definately higher and i suspect could get annoying on a long journey at constant speed.Fit and finish of the exhaust was spot on,car feels quicker but that could just be my small boy imagination because it sounds quicker!!I went for the 3.5" round tail which looks spot on in my opinion,the wife loves the new exhaust thankfully as she returned home early grass not done!Will post again with findings from decat centre section.