Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Clutch buggered?

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2009, 03:17 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch buggered?

ive had no probs whatsoever with my MY99 although when cold ive had the odd bit of clutch judder at low revs. My mate drove the car a couple of days ago and was a bit Neanderthal with his left foot and i could hear the clutch banging in and out. he only drove it for a couple of miles..Anyway, i drove it back-fine. The following morning i noticed that there was some travel in the pedal and the pressure felt harder. Gear selection was okay. Gradually over the next couple of days its gotten worse. I checked the fluid level and it was right on the MIN so ive topped up. The trans fluid in the gear box is also quite low (not on MIN yet). Ive looked underneath and there is a leak around the gearbox sump plug but this is tightened right up. Wear is the master cylinder? Is it an internal or external one? Sorry for being a newb but im not a mechanic! Gear selection seems ok (at the moment..) but everything happens in the last 3rd of pedal travel. Finally, i could see no evidence of oil anywhere else including inside the car around the piston..Any thoughts please guys..? I think a master cylinder is about £85, dont really know about clutches...I dont think the car is running hyper power, mid 200s at a guess..Thanks guys

Last edited by funkyrimpler; 23 October 2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: typo