Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

classic wrx sticky clutch pedal

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2009, 01:06 PM
ariser
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default classic wrx sticky clutch pedal

Sometimes my cluth pedal sticks but only at the top bit and i have to pull it up with my foot. Is there any adjustment or lubrication i can do.

Car is gc8 1993 wrx ej20g

Thanks
Old 28 September 2009, 01:44 PM
HRT
Scooby Regular

Location: Trying to balance the budget as running two Scoobies

I was just abbout to start a thread on the same topic!

I just changed my clutch and have the same problem ocassionaly, although mine gets stuck right at the bottom. So as soon as you lift your foot it gets ready to stall. Stays like that for a few miles and then is suddenly okay for a day or so then does it again. I think it has something to do with a spring that needs to be tighter, but not 100% sure. I am sure that someone will have the answer. Just need to get it back to the mechanic that fitted it but too busy.

Last edited by HRT; 28 September 2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 28 September 2009, 03:16 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

two different issues. at the moment i have the same issue so i can relate to both of you

Originally Posted by ariser
Sometimes my cluth pedal sticks but only at the top bit and i have to pull it up with my foot. Is there any adjustment or lubrication i can do.

Car is gc8 1993 wrx ej20g

Thanks
you need to check = spring on top of the gearbox under intercooler. you will ee it if it is there!
potential causes= slave cylinder. master cyclinder, pressure plate, dodgy pedal

good luck. i have done everything and this weekend im doing my clutch so im hoping its the pressure plate. (gearbox out twice in 2 weeks for me)

Originally Posted by HRT
I was just abbout to start athred on the same topic!

I just changed my clutch and have the same problem ocassionaly, although mine gets stuck right at the bottom. So as soon as you lift your foot it gets ready to stall. Stays like that for a few miles and then is suddenly okay for a day or so then does it again. I think it has something to do with a spring that needs to be tighter, but not 100% sure. I am sure that someone will have the answer. Just need to get it back to the mechanic that fitted it but too busy.
you need to bleed your clutch. also it sounds like you either have air in the system or there is a leak somewhere!
Old 29 September 2009, 02:57 PM
hongkongstuey
Scooby Regular

how easy is it to bleed the clutch on the classic? mine depresses then when i lift foot it comes back half way then springs back up after a second or so.
Old 29 September 2009, 05:32 PM
"Taylor"
Scooby Regular

Happened to mine too. 9 times out of 10 its just the spring located just above the gearbox, give that a try first. Mine had fallen off completely, some just go too weak.
Old 30 September 2009, 04:34 PM
hongkongstuey
Scooby Regular

if that means ive gotta take that intercooler out again i'll live with it till the weekend, i saw spring, under reasonable tension as i twanged it while i was refitting intercooler, gonna look at clutch fluid level etc.
Old 30 September 2009, 11:31 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Sometimes my cluth pedal sticks but only at the top bit and i have to pull it up with my foot.
I'd had this exact same problem for the past few of months (MY96 UK Turbo wagon) and it was starting to drive me nuts. I finally fixed it last weekend by completely removing the clutch pedal cage, cleaning the clutch return springs in petrol (any good degreaser should do), then greasing the springs and pins properly and putting it all back together.
Old 01 October 2009, 07:59 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

i wish mine was as simple as all of yours. i have my new clutch in my house and sat morning its going in. shame my exedy 3 paddle only last 1 yr