Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

need advice

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2009, 11:27 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice

i have been having issues with my clutch pedal not returning to the top for the last week, it comes back up until about an inch from the top and sticks there. this was causing my clutch to slip,

after days of reading on here i tried everything i could find. i bleed the clutch and when this didnt work i got myself a new clutch slave cylinder. fitted this and bleed correctly(even did it vertical) still not fixed the problem.

no i know i have a uprated clutch and flywheel in the car but not sure which one it is.

is it possible tha my pressure plate is now faulty and this is what my problem is.

about 3-4 weeks ago my clutch pedal started clicking when pressed. but this went and everything was fine until i noticed the slipping on the way to work last week and realsied pedal was not returning fully. i can pull it up with my foot and its ok. but its annoying and i can drive like that,

i can let go of the pedal fast and it will return but thats purely because of momentum. i have tried adjusting the threaded bar on the pedal and that hasnt worked either! that made the pedal come back properly but was bitiing on the clutch and slipping when in 4th and 5th with the foot down from low revs.

i know i write an essay, but as you can see i try saying the whole story and i check everything first before asking.

the car is a v3 sti with a few mods in the reigon of 310-320 and it doesnt get battered all the time. im like an old man a majority of the time!

any help appreciated!