Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Help....I need more torque

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2002, 03:10 PM
Rob Mo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this morning...very happy,

just had scoobysports fit my complete decat now (once again - excelent service and care!), sounds luvverly, and felt like she was going as fast as she was sounding, not that I am often fond traveling at higher speeds.

anyway, from the a130 lights up onto a127(london bound) had a Modeo up me ****, booted it in second, he was falling back through the revs - job done, lorry pulls out, slows me down to 3k revs in 3rd, Mondeo all over my ***, so when the lorry finally moves over, me thinks ok, 3k, turbos up and spinning, I'll step ahead and pull over, the Mondeo (a brand spanker Ghia X) was there all the way even as I changed up into 5th, and not that I'm proud to confess it, but we did get into pretty high revs, and above the speed limit, he was not really gaining, but far too close for comfort, anyway, I backed off to near limit (traffic ahead), and pulled over and let him go past....where he commenced to tailgate a Merc.

my problem is obvious, I needed more pull in 3rd and 4th gears, I have a my00 wagon, and have read a thread or 2 about the my99's having more torque due to their ecu. How true is this, and if it is worth getting a 99 ecu, how do I go about obtaining one etc???.

thanks for all comments

rob