DCCD uk 6 speeds fitting?

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2009, 11:51 AM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DCCD uk 6 speeds fitting?

Hey all,

Just wonder what's the min you'd need to fit a DCCD 6 speed to a car with std uk 6 speed? Including electronic control box, interior switch contol, etc...

Does the box need wiring to ecu in any way as I've got simtek installed? I guess the box and rear diff would need changing but not the drive shafts?

Where's best place to source one that's in good condition with guarantee?
Old 26 June 2009, 12:58 PM
New_scooby_04

Have a word with David at Api mate.

Best,
Ns04
Old 26 June 2009, 05:13 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

It's worse than you think !

LOL

Driveshafts change depending on year, IIRC, "all" you need is the add-on dccd controller, a DCCD centre diff and cover, and someone like Andrew Carr to wire it up, and explain it, and ta da !

Scoobytechnix often have them lying around, a fellow WYIOC has done this to his blob-eye, and Mr. Carr is a local too !

HTH

dunx
Old 26 June 2009, 11:07 PM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx

LOL

Driveshafts change depending on year, IIRC, "all" you need is the add-on dccd controller, a DCCD centre diff and cover, and someone like Andrew Carr to wire it up, and explain it, and ta da !

Scoobytechnix often have them lying around, a fellow WYIOC has done this to his blob-eye, and Mr. Carr is a local too !

HTH

dunx
Was hoping for somewhere more local in south west for supply and fit...

Dunx, the controller is the black box plus a roller switch yeh? Do you need that wired to ecu etc or engine sensors? The DCCD centre diff is within the box so I'd need another box and what's a cover? R180 rear diffs okay depending on model of DCCD box you get? Sorry for more questions but I really dont know on DCCD's and want to learn more before deciding on go or no go for it. cheers all.
Old 26 June 2009, 11:22 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

You can buy a Neetronics, that does the clever bit, or you can buy the wheel, and a new set of clocks and maybe (?) a new ecu to drive it all !

Nasty HUH ? The cover is just part of the gearbox casing through which the wires emerge on their way to/from the std. ecu/replacement controller.

HTH

dunx

P.S. I was thinking about doing this next year.... maybe not ! I'm no expert - as you can plainly see ! LOL

Last edited by dunx; 26 June 2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 26 June 2009, 11:40 PM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Rats dunx...this is starting to smell.....bad Why is everytin like an open cheque book on a scooby?

Think I'll get a quote for my gearbox repair with lid off as is and decide from there. Not changing my simtek nor do want more stuff wired around it as have all sorts of other things routing that way as is inc WI, etc...sod...argh...ah!
Old 27 June 2009, 11:04 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

You COULD try and source a Kazz 35:65 centre diff, whilst yours is open.... an option I'm looking at.

Sorry no details so far.

dunx

P.S. Once yours is sorted it will have a value on the second hand market to offset the DCCD replacement.
Old 27 June 2009, 08:00 PM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Hmm, Kazz 35:65 centre diff, what does that do to driving character? I take it we just move power split from 49/51 to 35:65 fixed? Would rear diff need changing, I dont understand des tings.

I bet like everything its not a straight fit like it says in the manual...

I'll prob just keep my six once I get her fixed, getting so fed up of having to take her here there and everywhere for work to be done which always costs twice as much as quoted...been doing that for 3 years now and I just want to drive and use her.

DCCD sounds like complex setup...also read it clunks alot, something I dont like as anyone gets in it always comments on any noise she makes, like crunch gears of clunk of box (not that the current 6 does that). I just want everyone hear her purr (loudly )
Old 27 June 2009, 08:18 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Should just drop in, no user adjustments, Partbox used to list them, but not any more....

No other mods needed, centre diff just splits torque to suit so has the same "gearing".

dunx
Old 28 June 2009, 10:13 AM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Should just drop in, no user adjustments, Partbox used to list them, but not any more....

No other mods needed, centre diff just splits torque to suit so has the same "gearing".

dunx
Found some but looked at pricing and thought, nnnaaa:

SW Motorsport - Datsun Parts - Nissan Parts- Historic Datsun & Nissan Rallying & Motorsport

I might just try and pick up a cheap 2nd hand 6 speed as donor box and produce one good one, replacing sync with new though, be happy at that and just no roller switch to play with in car... No toys.
Old 28 June 2009, 11:55 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Oer ! My last post has vanished....

They are classic fit, not sure if it will fit a six speed box .
I'm struggling to find one, maybe I'm old AND stupid.

LOL

dunx

P.S. Wouldn't synchs be way cheaper than another box ?
Old 01 July 2009, 04:23 PM
TCHWRX
Scooby Newbie

Controller: www.ddcdpro.com
Buy the dual-mode for the 300 USD and hook it up. Fairly easy to hook up. Provide 12 volt and run the two wires down to the DCCD on the egarbox and you are up running.
Did this myself, but wanted to use the Auto/Manual STI switch and the thumbwheel so too a bit more wiring to do, but it works like a charm.
The new model even indicate how much the DCCD is working front/back by the LED on the Auto / Manual switch LED. COOL.
Old 01 July 2009, 05:34 PM
14N-FR
Scooby Regular

I take it this DCCDpro controller can be fitted to any newage STi?
Old 02 July 2009, 09:34 AM
TCHWRX
Scooby Newbie

Yes the DCCDPro is independant on the car model. All it need is 12V and a DCCD on the gearbox to hook up to.
The DCCDPro comes with everything else you need, including a G-sensor and all switches.
It is a really easy install job and the controller just works. Oh one thing, you have to hook it up to the Throttle Position Sensor on the ECU if you want the controller to provide faster reaction. But that is a piece of cake if you know how to solder just a tiny bit. You find the wire, strip a bit of the insulation of the wire, solder the DCCDPro wire together with the TPS wire, wrap it with some electrical insulation tape and you'r done.
If I lived in the UK I would be more than happy to give you a hand, but it is pretty far to drive from Denmark
Old 02 July 2009, 11:38 PM
14N-FR
Scooby Regular

I am a marine engineer so the fitting of it is not a problem.

I was just unsure whether I could fit it to my 04 STi. I think I may have to invest in one seeing as the exchange rate is getting slightly better.
Old 06 July 2009, 02:24 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

04 sti = no problem
Old 13 July 2009, 09:37 PM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

LOL

HTH

dunx
Hey Dunx, do you have contact details for Scoobytechnix?

Cheers