Dawes and AFM meter fitted!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2002, 11:49 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

All,

Just to let you know that the Dawes (on standard default settings) has been fitted along with the AFM. Out the box the Dawes is set to around 0.5 bar. Mine was supplied with a 1.5mm Bleed hole (yes thanks sideways for claiming the wrong one, which resulted in a quick drive across Yate) MY97 has a 0.5mm bleed hole.

The Dawes was a piece of **** to fit, thanks John Banks for the Dawes Telephone helpline facility Me and Steve were having an intrim arguement about best place to fit it, but John cleared it up I was wrong Thanks Steve for fitting it

The info that I was given on here was great in identifying both the messanger wire for the AFM, and the + and - feed from the ECU (ignition on) Thanks chaps...

The lights on the AFM dim according to the light around it, Hello how cool is that ? Thought it wasn't working until the car warmed up on idle. I have to read the instruction book now to understand along with the Origin Blue instruction book , as that was fitted last night. So many gadgets to play with now!!!

Anyway, just wanted to start the Dawes thread off and feedback over the next few days / weeks

Cheers Phill C

PS Thanks to Steve, Jamie, John, T-UK amd Hanslows for the help and assistance. Oh and Overthelimit for selling the Origin Blue to me..

PPS Steve is charging £40 for fitting both the Dawes and AFM around the Bristol area and does a lovely neat job
Old 06 March 2002, 12:22 AM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Wink

no problem Phill,if it was not for a few helpful folk on here I would have struggled too.
Old 06 March 2002, 01:29 AM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

babber,

have a look at http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=73947 and let me know what you think.
Old 07 March 2002, 02:04 PM
markcp
Scooby Regular

Phil,

Has the Dawes made a really noticeable difference to the car on the road? I think I have a similar spec car to yourself and was wondering whether it was worth going for.

Cheers,

Mark

PS I'm currently working in Bristol so I'm glad Steve is fitting!!!
Old 07 March 2002, 03:24 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

markcp,

Go for it mate, it's great Cheap effective mod, that will increase the grin factor. I have a MY00 running a MY99 (brown) ECU. What are you running ?

I should be able to arrange for Steve to fit yours

Cheers Phill C
Old 08 March 2002, 01:57 PM
markcp
Scooby Regular

Phill,

Have you got a boost gauge fitted to your car? If so, how much was it, where did you get it and was it easy to fit?

Cheers,

Mark.
Old 08 March 2002, 02:42 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Red face

Caution - If you fit a dawes be prepared for your petrol to go down even quicker Also, you plant your foot down more because of the extra power - its great But I'm averaging 17.5mpg unless I go on a run. Cross country is 19.5mpg and motorway about 23/24......
Old 08 March 2002, 03:14 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Talking

Argh that picture Have I had too many beers

Is that the Dawes AFR then? Those leds? Were they already on the switch mount?

Old 08 March 2002, 04:46 PM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

lol, yeah sorry about that but I was in a rush, you get the idea though. The dawes is a little black box with the leds attached. See the website. All I have done is file a hole in the spare switch and fitted the box begind the dash. I mounted it by using the bendy up things on the radio casing (The ones to stop the radio being pulled out). And Put a huge blob of bluetack on it. Bending these up to hold the bluetack.The dawes just sits on that with the leds coming out the hole i filed. I used bluetack cos its all i could find at the time but it has the advantage of still being able to remove the center dash without having to disconnect the dawes. I was worried it might not be solid but its fine.
Cheers

Paul.
Old 09 March 2002, 07:32 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Paul

Looks very professional m8, you should go into production with these

Old 09 March 2002, 11:43 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mines running about 1.1 bar now and the car is flying!!! Well impressed with the Dawes, it's great....

I thought about fitting the AFM in the same place, but thought it was a little low. I'm going to try and fit in the windscreen heater vents, so it reflects on the windscreen.

Cheera Phill C

PS Should I try a bit more boost ?
Old 09 March 2002, 05:33 PM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

Babber,

I know what u mean about the height of it but in all honesty u dont really need to look at that often. Just when moddifying something or if something feels strange. Oh yeah thats just about 90% with this car

Anyway I fitted the dawes too running at 1.3 bar on ppp. Increase in midrange pickup is very good init

Gotta fit the remote knocklink now, that'll be fun.
Old 03 August 2002, 03:10 PM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

thats mine

[Edited by paulwadams_my99 - 3/8/2002 3:10:55 PM]