Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Updated clutch recommendation for v4 sti type r?

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2009, 09:52 PM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated clutch recommendation for v4 sti type r?

Hi there,

At the moment the gearbox is off my type r having the 5th synchronesh replaced, so thought I may as well throw an uptated clutch in it whilst it's all off as it's still running the standard one at the moment.

The car has a few performance mods such as autobahn front mount, KnN induction kit, full 3" turbo back exhaust, and a Bob Rawle mapped Simtek ecu. So I'd imagine, as it hasn't been on the rollers that's it's producing around the 350 bhp mark with similar torque.

So I'd like to get a clutch that is more than capable of holding that power and has room in it to possibly take more power if I wish in the future. It's going to be either my daily car, or my occasional car if I can get myself a daily beater fairly soon, but as the Ecu has launch control I may take the odd trip up to Santa pod.

If anyone could suggest a decent, and decent priced clutch that would be great. And does anyone know if the flea bay stage 1 organic Exedy clutches are any good? Seem very cheap which makes me wonder why...... I'm not into doing a job twice, especially a clutch!

Many thanks,

Arron
Old 10 February 2009, 10:09 PM
Evo Bizz
Scooby Regular

API Exedy organic.
Old 10 February 2009, 10:48 PM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate, I was just reading another thread about them actually and they sound very good for the money so think I'll be in contact with David this week!