Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

ugent help needed plz

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2009, 03:39 PM
Turbo_Tkk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ugent help needed plz

hey there everybody just wanted some advice re the gearbox.
i have a r reg uk turbo 2000 1997
i recently got a clutch and flywheel put in by api impreza and a week later was driving normally changed gears from 1 to 2 at 2500rpm and sudenly a big judder and loud bangs.
contacted david and a few others and they all told me it was the gearbox,so as i spent al lmy money,my father and uncle opened the car up and after a war we got the gearbox out, that was the problem.
spoke to a few people and i bought a sti v3 97 gearbox and was told i could change the rear diffs but if i didnt it wasnt a big issue, asked a lot of poeple and they all said its ok, as some 1 is runin a type ra gbox on the uk car with uk difs.
we got everything back inside the car and now started it up but the clutch pedal is not working. i put my foot 2 it like tap it and it wud jus bang rite down wont *** back untill i pul it back up??????
anyone have a clue what that could be????
im lost and kinda fedup now and really less out of pocket now!!
next to the starter motor is this black thing which is pushed by a rubber pointy thing,that has a spring contacted to it but that spring i couldnt find out where it goes???
dont think it could be the spring???
so plz if sum1 can plz help me???

cheers everybody
Old 18 January 2009, 04:26 PM
darren34x
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbo_Tkk
hey there everybody just wanted some advice re the gearbox.
i have a r reg uk turbo 2000 1997
i recently got a clutch and flywheel put in by api impreza and a week later was driving normally changed gears from 1 to 2 at 2500rpm and sudenly a big judder and loud bangs.
contacted david and a few others and they all told me it was the gearbox,so as i spent al lmy money,my father and uncle opened the car up and after a war we got the gearbox out, that was the problem.
spoke to a few people and i bought a sti v3 97 gearbox and was told i could change the rear diffs but if i didnt it wasnt a big issue, asked a lot of poeple and they all said its ok, as some 1 is runin a type ra gbox on the uk car with uk difs.
we got everything back inside the car and now started it up but the clutch pedal is not working. i put my foot 2 it like tap it and it wud jus bang rite down wont *** back untill i pul it back up??????
anyone have a clue what that could be????
im lost and kinda fedup now and really less out of pocket now!!
next to the starter motor is this black thing which is pushed by a rubber pointy thing,that has a spring contacted to it but that spring i couldnt find out where it goes???
dont think it could be the spring???
so plz if sum1 can plz help me???

cheers everybody
the rear diff does matter mate because there are a view variations on the ratios ... my rear diff went at xmas bought what i thought to be a uk diff but later found out it wasnt lol when the gearbox packed up now saving for a new gearbox and matching diff from dave at api engines if i were you i'd find out the ratio's of the box and find a matching rear diff ..... with regards to your clutch pedal i've always thought they was hydraulic so if thats the case sounds like you need to bleed it ... might be wrong im sure someone will correct me if i am good luck mate
if in doubt give dave @ api a shout
Old 18 January 2009, 04:47 PM
Turbo_Tkk
Scooby Regular

cheers for that im gna call david on monday cz i fink they shut 2day.
but ideally looking for a mechenics or garages near 2 west london, tomorw first thing dave gna get a call from me
Old 18 January 2009, 04:53 PM
andywiddss1
Scooby Regular

the spring hooks on the black arm with the rubber gaitor and the other end goes on a small hole on the back of the engine , u sure the clutch realese bearing was clipped in to the arm properly when u pushed the gearbox back on . i had a knightmere with mine two weeks ago and ended up taking the box back out mate
Old 18 January 2009, 07:22 PM
Turbo_Tkk
Scooby Regular

gna chek that also gna bleed the clutch 2 c if its dt but kinda fed up now
Old 20 January 2009, 01:19 PM
Turbo_Tkk
Scooby Regular

sorted the problem out now just wanted 2 no would the rear diffs be a major thing or not???