Urgent Help Needed Please

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2002, 05:58 PM
HELLOM8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Dear ScoobyNetters,
I have just installed some new main bulbs in my MY96 UK Turbo.
I fitted the first one on the drives side, after fitting I turned on the ignition (no engine start) to test, and noticed a "Click Click Click" noise. At first I thought it might be a flat battery (its that clicking noise you get on old cars when you turn the car over and nothing happens, except its 3 or 4 clicks quite quickly), so I unarmed the car (Clifford Concept 50) and tryed to start the car. No problem fired up as normal. With the car disarmed I tryed the ignition (no engine start) again, this time it was the "Click Click Click" followed by a sort of wherring/wishing noise in a short cycle (a bit like a cross between a washing machine and a sowing machine).
The noise its self seems to be coming from behind the drivers side head light (Might be the sliver box thing with the 4 metal pipes going into it?) the worrying part as I just changed that bulb in that particular area, I've changed back to the old bulbs and checked I haven't disconnected any thing by mistake, but the noise is still there.
Could I have broken something or is this just a coincidence and some other problem, please help.
Cheers.
Ian.
Old 10 February 2002, 06:09 PM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Sound's like it could be a relay. Does your ABS light come on at all?
This relay and others,are positioned directly behind the drivers headlight is a little black box. We've heard it before, sounds a bit like it's fizzing. All I did was take it out and give the connections a clean, and no probs since. You might just have disturbed it, but TBH we never had probs starting the car??

CRAFT
Old 10 February 2002, 06:19 PM
HELLOM8
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Turn the Ignition on and I get all red lights come up, check engine, abs and air bang etc.
I'll try removing the little black box and cleaning.
Cheers.
Ian.
Old 10 February 2002, 06:20 PM
mole
Scooby Regular

Smile

Would have to agree, logically it must be a loose connection on a cable or a relay.

The noise you describe "sounds" like relay.

Take your time and systematically check/clean any connections around the area that you were working.

Best of luck, Moles Dad.