Scoobysport DP and HKS Hiper

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2002, 02:09 PM
SiWhite
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I want to change my exhaust system for the following:

Scoobysport 3" downpipe, HKS Hiper centre and Backbox.Reading through the deluge of information on the BBS this seems a good setup for my tastes!

Does anyone know if I can get the whole lot fitted at one place or will I have to get them done separately? (I live about 10 miles in towards London from Maidstone).

Also, If I was to carry this out in 2 stages how will the new parts fit to my current standard system. ie. Can you fit a 3" Scoobysport downpipe as the only addition to a standard system? Or alternatively can I fit the HKS Hiper centre to a standard downpipe?

Thanks for your help.

Si
Old 23 January 2002, 02:18 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

why didnt you resurrect the old thread on this, that hasnt even died yet?

yes you should be able to swap any of the bits over as they should all mate to standard components.

I am sure if you ask nicely, scoobysport will fit your mid section and back box whilst supplying you a downpipe.
Old 23 January 2002, 02:20 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Firstly which MY car do you have MY'00 or MY'01 or other?

If its pre MY'01, you can fit the SS and the HKS together or at different times to the stock stuff if you can't afford both at the same time...

Alex
Old 23 January 2002, 02:28 PM
SiWhite
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for your replies guys.

Adam:

Sorry for not resurrectting the old thread, I was about to and then decided that this was a different topic as I am not interested in discussing the merits of the exhausts, just where I can get them and if they are compatible.

Alex: My car is a P1 (Presumably the same standard setup as a MY00 with an Sti Backbox?) so according to your post I can add in stages.
Old 23 January 2002, 02:29 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

you need not apologise, I wasnt having a go, I apologise if it came across that way.
Old 23 January 2002, 02:33 PM
SiWhite
Scooby Regular

Cool

Cheers Adam, by the way were you at the PE Rolling Road last weekend with a 22b. I am trying to put names to faces for the people I did not talk to!

So am I right in saying that Scoobysport will supply and fit HKS parts, or will I need to buy them elsewhere and then take them to Scoobysport to get fitted along with the Downpipe?
Old 23 January 2002, 02:42 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

All the exhaust parts are interchangable.

Drop me an email and I will sort you out a god price on the HKS system.

Cheers

Paul

Trending Topics

Old 23 January 2002, 03:28 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

SIWhite

Got the HKS system on my car, tomorrow will be getting the 3 inch down pipe from scoobysport, the hks system should fit up to the standard down pipe, someone like Torque developments in Barking Essex [M25, dartford tunnel, turn left down A13 towards london] about 45 min - 1 hour from you sell & fit the HKS stuff, scooby sport same directions but at A13 turn right towards southend about 1 hour - 1 hour 15 from you for the down pipe, why not ring scooby sport see if they would be willing to supply & fit the HKS pipe.

My kids live in Bromley so if you are about on saturday afternoon assuming all is finished let me know & I'll pop by & show you, let me know at my Email address.

Cheers

Stuart
Old 23 January 2002, 03:56 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Yes that was me in the 22B. I wasnt driving though.

Scoobysport dont supply the bits, give me or poc an email if you want hks stuff.

I would not assume scoobysport would fit the hks bits but give pete a call and tell him you want a downpipe supplied and fitted, and he might help you out. He can only say no.
Old 25 January 2002, 04:21 PM
SiWhite
Scooby Regular

Talking

Just ordered an HKS Titanium Hiper exhaust which is being delivered tommorrow morning! Cheers POC.

Hopefully it will be fitted as soon as it arrives and I will let you know the results sooon as!!!! I just hope my neighbours were't planning on having a lie in tommorrow morning !!!
Old 25 January 2002, 05:10 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Simon,

I ran the ScoobySport d/p and HKS Super Drager on my old P1, it made quite a noticable difference... the Hyper is definitely the way forward though (tis what I'm putting on my '01 model).

Rgds, Alex