Magnex DP fitting

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2002, 12:49 AM
paul w
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hi ah,

Finally got round to fitting my DP today,no probs really but the downpipe is a **** poor fit,it touches one of the gearbox brackets,the gearbox bracket supplied doesn't fit,the heatsield bracket was 10mm out and the rest of the exhaust touches under the car now as the DP has pulled it over about an inch.

Has anyone else had these probs when fitting their own and what did you do with the top heatshield,i wrapped the top half of the pipe to keep temps abit lower but would like the HS back in place.

Cheers Paul
Old 17 January 2002, 11:48 AM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Yep - I think most people had this problem and I actually complained to Magnex about the fitment, with no joy. the results are brilliant, but you don't expect this from a company like Magnez. I believe they modified the design, as I got one of the first made, so you must have got an older one.

Ideally you should get a garage to fit it, as the heatshields need trimming and the brackets on the exhaust also need adjusting. Worth mailing them a complaint too.

MB
Old 21 January 2002, 10:21 PM
paul w
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate,
I believe i got a later one as they were out of stock and i had to wait a few weeks for it.Modifying the heatshield is no prob,just wondered if anyone bothered putting it back on.

Mines seems fairly quiet,cant hear the turbo at all just more noise out the backbox,i wonder if the lagging has shut it up?

Will have a word with magnex tomorrow about kak fit.

Cheers Paul

Old 22 January 2002, 12:19 AM
Steve Lawson
Scooby Regular

Hi Paul,

I did attempt to fit one of these as well for a customer,worst fitting downpipe I have ever seen.Spoke to one of the top guys at Magnex who asked me if I had ever fitted one before also said it was the only version they had ever made(this was approx 2 months ago)
Also told him that the numbers on the instructions pointing out which parts to remove where in the wrong order(not that it makes a blind bit of difference to me)just trying to be helpful.I also enquired who was going to pay for my labour in removing and refitting the original downpipe to which I didn't get a reply .
Up until this this incident every piece of Magnex exhaust I have ever fitted to a Scoob fitted perfectly although the Evo6 ones need some ahem tweaking.

Good luck

Steve