Can Injectors cause hesitation?

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2002, 02:49 PM
jmca
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Just wondering if the injectors could cause hesitation? Reason being :

1. I checked the plugs (NGK PFR6B ), which are about 5 months old & not much mileage.

2. Checked the coil packs. Borrowed some & checked as well. One was wher the wires going into the actual rubber coil were showing & without doubt touching. So I used some silicone rubber to seperate them, but no luck.

Is there a a way of testing if it's not the plugs or coils. I think I remember someone saying to adjust the gap way smaller & if it goes then it's the plugs or coils & if not then the problem lies somewhere else. Search isnt working otherwise I would have tried to track the thread down.

It only happens when you blip the throttle going from cruising to picking up. It goes away completely after around 3,000 revs. Reason I think of the injectors is maybe it's not getting the initial squirt of fuel it needs although - tried some injector cleaner & it didnt give a majorly noticable change. If it could be, are injectors dear? Hard to change? Long to change?

If anyone can throw a bit of light on this it'd be greatly apreciated. I may have this comletely wrong.

Regards

Johny.
Old 10 January 2002, 02:53 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Question

Which MY have you got? Is it standard? Presumably it used to be OK and without changing anything, it's got worse?

Some people seem to have this problem on fairly low milage standard MY00's but others (like me) do not.......

Matt

P.S. You didn't post the other day about this did you re: going from closed to open loop?
Old 10 January 2002, 02:57 PM
jmca
Scooby Regular

Matt,

It's a MY95 & nothing changed added for it to start. It started slowly & mildly & got worse.

No, it wasnt me who posted previously.

Johny.
Old 10 January 2002, 05:31 PM
Sam Elassar
Scooby Regular

reduce your plug gaps and see if that helps? i had to change mine from 0.7mm tp 0.6mm on my evo7.

SAM
Old 11 January 2002, 03:32 PM
jmca
Scooby Regular

Smile

Cheers Sam - I'll try that! From memory I'm nearly sure someone else mentioned that as well - reduce the gap & it may clear it!

Would this definitely point the finger at the coil packs & plugs?

Johny