Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Small Knocks From Rear when driving slow (5MPH) and you can feel the knocks too!!,

Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2007, 02:16 PM
Jap Imports
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Knocks From Rear when driving slow (5MPH) and you can feel the knocks too!!,

Hi,

Got a MY06 STI JDM With DCCD, I have posted the question before about Knocking from rear when pulling out on to the road tight, and i understand the workings now fully of the DCCD,

But

I have very small knocks, almost like a bush is gone at the rear when travelling form 1mph up to about 20mph, they get quiter as you go faster. You can also feel the knocks when you are traveling at around 3mph.

I have checked all the susspension, exhaust system and nothing seems to be a miss there.

Any idea's!!
Old 04 July 2007, 08:13 AM
Jap Imports
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can Any One Help!!
Old 10 July 2007, 09:21 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 06 spec d ppp.
I get a knocking from the rear on hard acceleretion from start (more pronounced on turning - ie pulling into traffic rapidly)
I have had it looked at and nothing is loose or amiss.
I assume it may well be wheel slip - dont forget the front and rear diffs are limited slip.
The frequency of the knocking does seem to correspond to rear tyre slip that I can hear when I have my windows open.
Don't know if this helps.
NB. I had the rear shocks replaced a few months ago plus prodrive springs fitted - no difference noted.
Old 10 July 2007, 10:24 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you drive on the road normally with the dccd on anything but fully open you will get the creeking/knocking etc.
With it in fully open the plated rear diff will creek when turning, but you can also get alarming knocks at low speed/in 1st/2nd/maybe 3rd.

Mine does this so perhaps yours is as prone to the condition as mine?