Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

MY05 STI JDM With DCCD Control, When Pulling out tight, it knocks at back!!

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2007, 10:26 PM
Jap Imports
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY05 STI JDM With DCCD Control, When Pulling out tight, it knocks at back!!

Hello,

Got a MY05 STI Jap Import with the DCCD & Auto DCCD too, and it seems to be knocking a bit when i pull out somewhere going left or right. It's a big knocking, and does about 2 or 3 knocks really quick. Yoiu can feel it through the car. Any one get any idea's?

Oh and its only done 7500 Miles!!
Old 28 March 2007, 10:30 PM
ScuuBdoo
Scooby Regular

what have you got the diff set to?

If you have it wound forward on a dry hard surface then its going to knock.
Old 28 March 2007, 10:38 PM
Jap Imports
Scooby Regular

Yea i know,

I got it set at the back, and on Auto, I have tried taking it off auto and having it at rear, it feels looser but still knocks
Old 29 March 2007, 07:23 AM
mike2.5subaru
Scooby Regular

Read your Manual, it will explain it's from the diffs and is normal. do a search on here it's been asked many times before. one thing that I do when doing a slow tight turn, backward or forward is lift the handbrake slightly until the warning light comes on, it cuts out the electronic control of the diffs. I either read it on here or in the manual but it works for me.
Old 29 March 2007, 01:06 PM
Jap Imports
Scooby Regular

Ok thanks, I'll try it when i pull out somwhere,

So where is the Knock actually coming from, Its like the prop hitting the underside of the car noise,!! Which i know cant happen but its a hard lump sound.
Old 29 March 2007, 07:08 PM
mike2.5subaru
Scooby Regular

Sorry, the "noise" that I was refering to is more of a "juddering" sensation like the diffs are locked and the rear wheels skid slightly. Hope this helps, sorry if it do'nt If this is'nt it could it be the centre bearing? (fitted to the centre of the rear propshaft)

Last edited by mike2.5subaru; 29 March 2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 29 March 2007, 07:26 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

I had a knocking on my MY03 JDM STi and it was the infamous rear strut sticking, could it be that?
Old 01 April 2007, 10:27 PM
TYPE20
Scooby Regular

Just purchased a MYO5 T25 from litchfield i have had exactly the same problem, I louder than normal knocking and vibrating when turning left or right from junctions, I've had it checked by powerstation. I've been told it is normal, but it still worries me ! I've read loads of posts on here stating the same problem, its relaxed me a little. Just keep an eye on it !
Old 02 April 2007, 11:09 AM