Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2001, 10:47 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I'm trying to get the code for a CHECK ENGINE fault which has just appeared (MY93 WRX). I've found some information on this site:- http://www.geocities.com/subman2001nz/reading_ecu_codes.html , which states:

"search until you find two pairs of electrical connectors which are disconnected. One is black, the other is green and roughly 'T' shaped."

Now, I've found a green T connector, with one black / red wire coming out the back. Trouble is, I can't find an oposite black connector!!

There are two similar black T connectors attached to each other, and also two plain black connectors which are not connected (one with black/red wire, the other red/black)

Does anyone have any ideas what I should actually be looking for?!

Thanks for any replys,

Dave

Old 16 November 2001, 10:56 PM
AJF
Scooby Regular

check for these plugs under dash by steering shaft and brake pedal normal use to reset ecu and reset octane readings will cause check engine light to come on

hope this helps
Old 17 November 2001, 02:25 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Red face

Thanks,

got this sussed now - I was looking for a single green and single black connector to fit together!

There are two black connectors, and two green connectors. The two black ones get the ECU code, and the two greens I believe, reset the ECU.