Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

someone help please

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2006, 08:18 PM
scoobyladnewcastle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone help please

Ok rebuilt box from 2 halfs got all together connected linkage up and would only engage 3 4 5 nothing there for the rest.
Took box back off split case again, How do I connect linkiage rod that runs through diff to the gear lever that stick out of main box.
All help greatly accepted.
This has got mine and my mates head in bits as we have put the bar on it the very back diff with the 10mm screw on faceing the plate that comes off which is where is was when I split the case.
Old 20 April 2006, 09:05 PM
bikerthou
Scooby Regular

hi did u turn the box input shaft when trying to select the gears as everything might not have been in alinment did the shaft just baulk or did it move but not move anything in the box ?
Old 20 April 2006, 10:38 PM
scoobyladnewcastle
Scooby Regular

it was what felt like moving one rod and if you turned it it felt like it was not engaging anything is ther a nak to getting it to engage the rods.
Old 21 April 2006, 06:37 PM
bikerthou
Scooby Regular

there is a knack you have to sort of feed the lever dangley down bit into the selector fork ends and make sure they are all in line and sort of feel it in as you mount the caseing its easy when you have done t a couple of times