Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

What does 35/65 actually do?

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2006, 08:47 PM
DutchClutch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does 35/65 actually do?

Bought a STI-VI Type-R. All the moving parts will be transplanted in my MY99 GTT. So also gearbox with DCCD-controller,
diffs,axles,hubs,wheelbearings, etc etc.

One question about the limited slip differential however, since I know a lot of you have the same gearbox with DCCD.

When I move the DCCD-controller(wheel) totaly backwards, I drive "Diff Free" as indicated on my dash.(Green square lighting up.)
In practice this is a front-rear torque split of 35% front, and 65%back.

But does this actually mean my backwheels run continually faster than my frontwheels?

I mean, except one should feel this constantly,the backtyres will not live very long......

A silly question maybe, but here it is.

Greetings,

Arend Tersptra
Holland
Old 20 March 2006, 09:55 AM
doug2507
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does not relate to wheel speed. Its the amount of power/torque that is delivered to the wheels. i.e. with it open, it will drive more like a rwd car and the further you 'lock' it, changing the split to the front, it will be more like a 4x4, with reduced oversteer and increased understeer. Best left open in the dry and maybe a notch or 2 up in the wet. All down to driver preference. Look in the driving techniques section for an in depth explanation of the dccd and all your questions should be answered. Hope this helps.