Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Race Box Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2006, 04:56 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Box Exhaust

Seen these on ScoobyWorld web-site and the Jap mag's, sound clips are what I am after noise level wise and not too big either, but question is has anybody had one got one?, as to whether they are any good, bearing in mind they are £250 just for the back box.

It will be going on a 05 Impreza STI, with a standard exhaust sys cat's all in place.

Thanks
Darren.
Old 23 February 2006, 03:48 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Any help with this one atall?.

Thanks
Darren
Old 23 February 2006, 04:05 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recon they are just too new to get much feedback yet M8. I'm considering a Vortex afterburner back box from Scoobyworld, heard loads of good reports on them
Old 23 February 2006, 04:11 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

On their site there is a short clip of that exhaust. sounds nice. but in my opinion look a lottle small. more suited for a classic than a new age. but thats my opinion.
-Darren

Originally Posted by DarrenSTI
Seen these on ScoobyWorld web-site and the Jap mag's, sound clips are what I am after noise level wise and not too big either, but question is has anybody had one got one?, as to whether they are any good, bearing in mind they are £250 just for the back box.

It will be going on a 05 Impreza STI, with a standard exhaust sys cat's all in place.

Thanks
Darren.
Old 23 February 2006, 04:37 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

I like the sound from the clip, just hope it was the back box then standard pipes, which is what my car is. Looks wise I'm torn between the 3.5inch and something like the afterburner 4.5inch.

As it stands the Race box looks like the one already on there. It that afterburner one too loud?

Wasn't going to do the full sys just yet due to warranty, so will stick with just the back box, incase things go wrong i can put the standard one back on.
Old 23 February 2006, 04:40 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Bodski, just seen your from Colchester, what scooby do you have?, you also Just after a back box?
Old 23 February 2006, 04:52 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Hey Darren I've got a Silver 2003 STi PPP, Yeah i was gonna go for just the backbox, can't really see as the whole system will really gain me much over the Prodrive one already on the car. I've heard a few Vortex afterburners and they sound really nice, more burble than the Prodrive one.
I'll look out for your car around Colchester, what colour is it ?

Originally Posted by DarrenSTI
Bodski, just seen your from Colchester, what scooby do you have?, you also Just after a back box?
Old 23 February 2006, 09:07 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

BodSki:- I guess with yours being the PPP it has a better full system anyway to a standard one, so yeah i would have thought a back box will be fine.

I know I'll gain my in bhp in getting a full system, but then its the warranty thing again, I'll stick with the back box for now, as there are loads of people about that can make up the rest at a later date.

I have a WR Blue STI Impreza. I'll bear your name in mind as I may need to pick your brians on other bits and bobs if thats ok?.

Darren.
Old 23 February 2006, 09:11 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

You know if you find a good custom exh maker close by you you can get a really good system, to sound pretty much how you like it for as cheap as the cheapest full systems there are. Don't know any round colchester personally.... but then again don't now anything round there
Old 23 February 2006, 10:21 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Yeah no worries Darren i'll keep a look out for ya on my missus regular trips to Clacton common (terrible Pun that) shopping village If i get the Vortex i'll let ya know u can come over and have a butchers
Old 24 February 2006, 08:39 AM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

I'ver heard of special scoobies in Gosbecks Ind Est colchester, and then extreme scoobies in Chelmsford is it?, think they do exhausts to some degree.

That would be great BodSki, cheers.

Darren.
Old 24 February 2006, 08:44 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

The Race box seems to be made pretty much along the same line as a prodrive/tsl group n and will not be in your face or too loud but a nice scooby sound. The vortex will sound fantastic as a back box only and could possibly be one of the nicest sounds, but if you are later on going for a full system the vortex may become overpowering, although still with good sound. Magnex is a good compromise and worth a thought
Old 24 February 2006, 09:23 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

I think both Extreme scoobys and the one in Gosbeck road (half a mile from where i live) would both be dealing with Hayward and scott and the like, not got any first had experience of either. The Vortex is made by Hayward and scott for Scoobyworld, i emailed them to see if they would supply me one direct at a reduced price, to cut out the middle man, they did'nt wanna know LOL. Worth a try hey

Last edited by B0DSKI; 24 February 2006 at 03:05 PM.