Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Bugeye DCCD?

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2006, 05:11 AM
GravelBen
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bugeye DCCD?

hi, just wondering if the bugeye STi Scoobs (including type RA, spec C etc) were made with the DCCD diff controller?

I know about the classic shape Imprezas, and the newer shapes (MY04 onwards) but don't recall any mention of DCCD in a bugeye.

contemplating buying one in the next 6 months or a year, definitely want something with DCCD and preferably close ratio 'box, currently leaning towards a v2 STi-RA V-ltd.
Old 31 January 2006, 08:26 PM
KenS55STI
Scooby Regular

I seem to remember being told that some of the very last of the bugeye JDM spec STIs had the drivers pack that included DCCD-A and quick rack etc. but the earlier ones did not except for the spec C with the 16" wheels that wasn't really designed for road use, more to be made into a rally car.

STI6 Type RA V-Limited are nice, nearly went for one of these myself, and they have DCCD. Gearing and lack of sound proofing wasn't for me though as I do motorway journeys of 200 miles non-stop twice a week. Settled for a bugeye sti without DCCD-A. A nice car but not as exciting to drive as the RA.
Old 31 January 2006, 11:39 PM
Normski
Scooby Regular

Location: Stirlingshire; Wrx type RA STi version 2 V-Limited; #097/555

Originally Posted by GravelBen
contemplating buying one in the next 6 months or a year, definitely want something with DCCD and preferably close ratio 'box, currently leaning towards a v2 STi-RA V-ltd.
I would say that was an excellent choice.
Old 01 February 2006, 04:00 AM
GravelBen
Scooby Newbie

Smile

cheers guys, info much appreciated. I'm in NZ so imports are pretty common and fairly cheap, most STi's here are JDM cars.

test-drove a v2 STi-RA V-ltd a while back and was most impressed. was full lightweight spec, windup windows which i like, no central locking, didn't even have a stereo in it! close-ratio, dccd, i/c spray, standard except for exhaust, still went like absolute stink though.

that one has 118k km on it (73k miles) but seemed to have been looked after pretty well, currently going for $15k NZ (just under 6k pounds), how does that compare to import prices on your side of the world?