Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

What's the best exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2005, 01:00 PM
Kevadair
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the best exhaust system

Just checked out with my insurance company (greenlight) what exhaust systems I can change my wrx ppp to??

ANSWER: Anything you like so long as it has one cat, it won't effect ure insurance.

Great...where do I start???

Want something not OTT, but will give best performance from the car.

Any suggestions
Old 28 July 2005, 02:50 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Kevadair
Just checked out with my insurance company (greenlight) what exhaust systems I can change my wrx ppp to??

ANSWER: Anything you like so long as it has one cat, it won't effect ure insurance.

Great...where do I start???

Want something not OTT, but will give best performance from the car.

Any suggestions http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon7.gif
If its a PPP mate, you might find that changing the exhaust results in poorer performance, as your car has been mapped for the PPP components, which for the WRX -if memory serves- is the Prodrive backbox and decat centre section.

In the latest edition of Scoobymag there was a WRX PPP owner with a Afterburner centre and backbox on their car (very good system), and it only produced about 240bhp and similar torque. It's very important to note that we don't have a "before the exhaust mod figure" to establish that it wasn't just underperforming with PPP per se, and, of course, there are the usual RR provisos, but still...... can't help but wonder.

You could always ask Prodrive's Mike Wood on here!

NS04
Old 28 July 2005, 03:38 PM
PAUL CRAFTS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
If its a PPP mate, you might find that changing the exhaust results in poorer performance, as your car has been mapped for the PPP components, which for the WRX -if memory serves- is the Prodrive backbox and decat centre section.

In the latest edition of Scoobymag there was a WRX PPP owner with a Afterburner centre and backbox on their car (very good system), and it only produced about 240bhp and similar torque. It's very important to note that we don't have a "before the exhaust mod figure" to establish that it wasn't just underperforming with PPP per se, and, of course, there are the usual RR provisos, but still...... can't help but wonder.

You could always ask Prodrive's Mike Wood on here!

NS04
I bud i run wrx sti type ra, got NUR SPEC back box and centre section,front cat still in runs 286.5 bhp 256 ldft.With screw in baffle.
Old 28 July 2005, 05:24 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PAUL CRAFTS
I bud i run wrx sti type ra, got NUR SPEC back box and centre section,front cat still in runs 286.5 bhp 256 ldft.With screw in baffle.
ive a zero sports world leaguer exhaust system, i think im the only one here with it! lovely sound off it, quietish on tickover with nice sound when u accelerate
Old 29 July 2005, 10:11 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by PAUL CRAFTS
You'd get even more with a remap

The problem with the above poster is that he has a generic map to suit a particular configuration of parts i.e. the prodrive bits! If he changes them, the map will not be optimised for the parts if you see what I mean!

NS04
Old 07 August 2005, 08:14 AM
PAUL CRAFTS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
You'd get even more with a remap

The problem with the above poster is that he has a generic map to suit a particular configuration of parts i.e. the prodrive bits! If he changes them, the map will not be optimised for the parts if you see what I mean!

NS04
True car going in for front de-cat. Then new ECU & REMAP, will let u know the result.!!!!!!!!!!!!