Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

power output of standard my95 wrx?

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2005, 10:49 PM
ianch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question power output of standard my95 wrx?

hi
just purchased my second impreza code gc8c48d. was told by the importer that it was 260 bhp, the car is completely standard except for a japanese cat back exhaust that came with it.
also what would you recomend as my next step for tuning such as aftermarket panel filter ecu remap etc? i still want too keep the car drivable so am not looking at anythin over 300 bhp !
thanks
Old 19 April 2005, 09:22 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey mate
afaik the ecu will probably be a z4 ecu (260 ps not bhp its about 250/255 bhp - the pro's on here will know better)) and that is when you have 100ron rated fuel not our crappy stuff. To keep her running sweet use optimax and octane booster or save for a remap/ecu change.

If you are going to mod then get yourself a knock link sensor and or an air/fuel ratio meter, just to keep an eye on the engine either detting or running lean.

Then your probably best finding out what your exhaust system is, if you dont like it get a full decat system like afterburner from scoobyworld. Also keep panel filter set-up rather than induction kit due to maf problems. However i have a HKS induction kit in a galv box which i made to shield from engine heat and used a direct cold air feed. (touch wood works well and no probs)

If you do get a full decat then you may need a remap for any power gains to be noticed. I have a z4 ecu but got a scoobychip ecu put in to raise the boost to 15.5psi and to run on 97/98 ron. Power gains are fantastic. Hard to get now and if they are about they are getting ridiculous prices.

hope this helps and have fun