Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

WRX 03 RESONATED DECAT CENTRE

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2005, 09:02 PM
boothy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question WRX 03 RESONATED DECAT CENTRE

I have fitted a subaru WR back box to my wrx 03 and have also fitted a de cat centre section (not resonated).The result since fitting the centre section is to noisy on the m/way.

Would like to fit a RESONATED centre section can anyone reccomend a supplier that will fit the above, note the decat i fitted was not a particulary good fit and pulled the b/box out of alighnment!

COMMENTS ON NOISE FROM THOSE WHO HAVE RESONATED CENTRE WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Old 12 April 2005, 11:12 PM
A1exander
Scooby Regular

Has it made a big difference to the noise on normal driving. I am currently running a Hayward and Scott backbox with unsilenced centre section on my 03 STI and unless I give it hard throttle on boost I dont notice it been much louder than stock. You could try H&S and see if they can provide you with a decat that is resonated.

I am a bit worried about this as I was thinking of removing the second cat but I dont want it to be too loud in the car. Did you notice anymore power, pops, engine warning light etc by changing the cat?

A
Old 13 April 2005, 08:29 AM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Actually the center section doesn't make a power difference compared with the stock item as it's already 2,5" contrary to the rest of the standard exhaust which is smaller diameter.
In your case I'd keep the factory center which isn't catted - only "resonated" - and play with the downpipe.
Most of the center sections do not alignt perfectly with the stock exhaust.
JIM
Old 14 April 2005, 07:57 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

I though the centre section was catted on the WRX ?

up-pipe, down pipe and centre sections cats, 3 in total, or was there some fundamental change from bug-eye to blob-eye ?

Magnex certainly do resonated sections, but not sure if they do one for the Newage though.

If you can pick up a PPP centre section, this is resonated, but no cat.

Can comment on resonated non-resonated on a classic wagon. Makes motorway cruising almost silent with the resonated centre as opposed to the straight through centre which made the exhaust significantly louder, and only just about bearable on motorway cruise, but the wagons tend to suffer from more exhaust noise as you haven't got a rear bulkhead to help block out some of the noise.

Last edited by Scratch; 14 April 2005 at 08:00 PM.