Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

help stalled car now it will not start????????

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2005, 08:11 AM
peakwarrior
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb help stalled car now it will not start????????

my car 1997 wrx sti type r import the car has been absolutley fine no problems what so ever. i started the car monday and began to reverse the car stalled its self and would not restart i thort at first that it might be flooded so i kept on trying it i then tryed to bump start the car nothing but a few back fires the car seem to be turning over and firing and there are no odd sounds when doing so i had the aa out who had no joy themselves they told me it could be the plugs but i doubt it as it seems to be firing.i have also been told it could be the cam or crank sensor i have removed these and given them a clean and replaced them but i am unsure how to tell if they are faulty could anyone tell me if there is a way to tell???.i have also been told that the cam could have slipped its teeth surly ther would be a diffrent sound to the engine if this had happened i have read a lot of problems people are having with maf and maf sensors is it worth checking these and how do i do this i have heard you also have to reset the ecu to delete the fault can anyone help me on all of these issues as i am completly at a dead end also if anyone has any other ideas that would be great. also has anyone got a diagram of the fuse box and relays as mine is in japanese.
Old 24 February 2005, 08:33 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

where are you located??
the easieat check is to plug the black diagnostic connectors together (under the dash just to the left of the steering column) and read off the "code"..............

if its a constant pulsing then no error code is stored, a long flash counts as a '10'0 and a quick flash is a 'unit'..............

alyn