Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

cheapest reliable broadband 350 lb ft in Blobeye

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2004, 04:40 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool cheapest reliable broadband 350 lb ft in Blobeye

Suggestions please, preferably based on 03/05 UK ? Euro STi ( I imagine loosing the burble males it a bit souless?)

I cannot justify spending thousands on what is a fairly modest upgrade on approved PPP - did I read recently that Bob Rawle had developed such a low budget beastie - if so - what is base vehicle and approx cost of conversion?

Obviously the power isnt finite and desired level would have to adopt itself to a sensible budget

Having driven STi PPP 04 map, flat thro' gears (first 4 only), I imagine an extra 20% of accessable torque would be plenty

Suggestions, links and contacts please

I appreciate a JDM is not far off from std and can easily achieve this, however concerned on loss of character and lack of convenience in servicing - Rog Clark Mosport reasonably local so dare say he could maintain it - however issues like air con failure are clearly better taclked by Dealer.

So, prefer Euro base if practical.
Old 22 November 2004, 08:55 PM
Mark_S
Scooby Regular

Griff, Subaru main dealers are now servicing JDM cars so I wouldnt write them off just for that reason.

The JDM's have plenty of character too!, just missing the exhaust burble of the classic thats all.

Mark
Old 24 November 2004, 09:52 AM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark_S
Griff, Subaru main dealers are now servicing JDM cars so I wouldnt write them off just for that reason.

The JDM's have plenty of character too!, just missing the exhaust burble of the classic thats all.

Mark
cheers Mark - any experienced suggestions out there? - 20% power hike on any other turbo would be a quick hike in boost and away you go - however obviously the Impreza at 150 bhp / litre is already pretty well tuned - but feel it may be practical...?