Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

green panel filter

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2004, 07:52 PM
woodsy69
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question green panel filter

hi all, i'm hoping to fit a green panel filter (first ever mod), are they as easy as plug and play or is there anything i need to be aware of?
Old 01 November 2004, 08:02 PM
mgg
Scooby Regular

Im in the same boat as you Woodsey.
Plan to do my first mod, a cheap one, but an effective one.
Im looking at going for a Jetex Panel Air Filter, as far as im aware panel filters are just a straight forward mod, just drop it in and your away.
The only thing to try and stay clear of are 'well oiled' filters, these oiled filters can or most likely will mess up the MAF Sensor. Try and go for a filter that uses very little or better yet no oil at all.

Hope this helps and im sure someone with a bit more know how will add to this post.

Cheers
Marc.
Old 02 November 2004, 12:41 AM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

hi chaps got a green cone filter on my my/00 been on a year without any probs,when i bought the car it already had a k+n panel filter in still no probs.my mates got a std my99 with maf trouble-maf`s pack up thats all there is to it at some time or other uve just gotta recognise when they do before it kills ur engine!!!(not always down to the filter)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...obymad/eb2.jpg
Old 02 November 2004, 11:10 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ukdave
hi chaps got a green cone filter on my my/00 been on a year without any probs,when i bought the car it already had a k+n panel filter in still no probs.my mates got a std my99 with maf trouble-maf`s pack up thats all there is to it at some time or other uve just gotta recognise when they do before it kills ur engine!!!(not always down to the filter)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...obymad/eb2.jpg
ITG's are renowned on here for being well oiled.I have a green panel filter on my 01 wrx and have had no probs whatsoever with maf sensor failures or the like...
Personally,I'd either use a green filter or get one of the STi ones (Note with the STi that you have to replace it as a serviceable part - Not cheap cos they around £40-£50 depending on where you buy)

www.stiracing.com or www.japanparts.com are two that spring to mind for the STi one...

Good luck