Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

STI V ADVICE

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2004, 05:11 PM
Steve_L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile STI V ADVICE

Hello all! i own a my99sti v import and recently had it rolling roaded. to my dissapointment, it came off at 268bhp and 241lbft. I was led to believe these were 280bhp.It has a hks cat back and d/v. At the time i was running optimax with no octane booster (didnt know!) and have since changed the air filter to an sti one (reccomended by quite alot on the site!), also changed the fuel filter and now use millers booster all the time, not sure if it matters but it was also a really hot day when on the rollers. Anyone any idea if the changes ive made will get the power to what it should be???
look forward to any replies and advice!!
Old 16 September 2004, 08:41 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve_L
Hello all! i own a my99sti v import and recently had it rolling roaded. to my dissapointment, it came off at 268bhp and 241lbft. I was led to believe these were 280bhp.It has a hks cat back and d/v. At the time i was running optimax with no octane booster (didnt know!) and have since changed the air filter to an sti one (reccomended by quite alot on the site!), also changed the fuel filter and now use millers booster all the time, not sure if it matters but it was also a really hot day when on the rollers. Anyone any idea if the changes ive made will get the power to what it should be???
look forward to any replies and advice!!
I have an sti 4, had it rolling roaded at Power Engineering in January ( bout 10 degrees c I think). recorded 293bhp and 251lb/ft, bog standard at the time too. recently got induction kit ( soon to be changed back to airbox with sti panal filter) and a blitz cat back exhaust system. Always use optimax.
Seems like the weather may have played a part.
Difficult to tell what may or might have been wrong.

Does it feel any different since?
Definatley not kicking out the power it should.
Old 16 September 2004, 08:49 PM
Steve_L
Scooby Regular

it feels fine to me mate just have to get it rr in january to and hope for the best!!
Old 16 September 2004, 08:51 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Where was it RR'd? Did they comment?

Remember, the car was quoted as 280 bhp on jap fuel so with a hot day and no octane booster, you cant expect a big figure...

The changes you have made will help.

MB
Old 16 September 2004, 09:12 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark
Where was it RR'd? Did they comment?

Remember, the car was quoted as 280 bhp on jap fuel so with a hot day and no octane booster, you cant expect a big figure...

The changes you have made will help.

MB
I believe that sti 4 and 5's produce 300ps standard which works out to be 294bhp ( according to www.wrx.co.uk ! )
Old 16 September 2004, 09:26 PM
scotishscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
I believe that sti 4 and 5's produce 300ps standard which works out to be 294bhp ( according to www.wrx.co.uk ! )
I just had a wee look at that web site. It says in the Spec list that there isnt a STI V2!!! Thats what i have!!!! Confused or have they got there infor rong??? Mines is defo an STI but has a 97 front end on it!!!
Old 16 September 2004, 10:44 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

There is a V2, and a V1

Correct Chris, the 280 is actually the jap gents agreement. Its widely accepted by manufacturers that many cars produce more than this

MB