Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

fxxxking baxxxrd

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2004, 07:09 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fxxxking baxxxrd

just done an oil change and noticed the end of my coil back rubbers split on taking the rubbers off the porcelin end of the coil pack just broke away totaly on one coil pack and about to brake away on other one , both coil packs with the split rubbers , i now know why my car seems to misfire and other daft things , the only problem ive got now is getting hold of a set of coil packs , i understand they are very expensive from the dealers can anyone help me in trying to get a set of second hand ones please as me car is now off the road , one query could the porcelin end of the coil packs have cracked first causing the rubbers to split or would it of been the other way around , its a my95 wrx import ,,,please help anyone
Old 11 September 2004, 07:21 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dav 27
just done an oil change and noticed the end of my coil back rubbers split on taking the rubbers off the porcelin end of the coil pack just broke away totaly on one coil pack and about to brake away on other one , both coil packs with the split rubbers , i now know why my car seems to misfire and other daft things , the only problem ive got now is getting hold of a set of coil packs , i understand they are very expensive from the dealers can anyone help me in trying to get a set of second hand ones please as me car is now off the road , one query could the porcelin end of the coil packs have cracked first causing the rubbers to split or would it of been the other way around , its a my95 wrx import ,,,please help anyone
Others will probably agree that it would be better to get brand new ones sooner than buy second hand ones as they are easily damaged etc.

I believe they are around £55 new from subaru which isnt really a lot.
Old 11 September 2004, 10:10 PM
Roojai
Scooby Regular

about 230 quid for 4 from subaru. I have a set of 4 second hand coil packs that are working perfectly (I bought replacements as I had a problem that turned out not to be the coil packs). I will sell them for 40 quid for the lot + cost of postage
Old 11 September 2004, 10:56 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default coil paks

roojai sent you private message .thanx
Old 12 September 2004, 12:18 AM
Roojai
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dav 27
roojai sent you private message .thanx