Clutch and Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2004, 02:23 AM
sosobad.com
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch and Flywheel

Hi all,

someone purchased an ACT clutch and flywheel from us recently but our friends across the atlantic "ASSumed" i was talking about their STi...anyhow the product was returned and i had a few harsh words with ACT.

The problem is the scooby the customer has is a STi version 6 - and fidanza and ACT are american and were bound to have problems fitting the kit and getting the right one. I did recommend the Fidanza and the customer agreed i knew best but the problem lays within getting the right one. Now i dont know if its me or are the yanks almost George Bush a like!

Which fidanza flywheel is the one for the sti version 6 and which clutch do you recommend.

I might also add - due to the amount of problems i and many people i know have had with "cheap" products across the waters ive decided to launch my own clutch and flywheel. we customise the products around the customer and his car and i have to admit the results are impressive. albiet a lil more expensive than the usual and unproven but the only thing stopping it from moving forward is ***** from others to try it out.
Old 04 September 2004, 11:25 AM
tweenierob
Scooby Regular

Lol... nothing lke free advertising!!

TBh if you dont know what flywheel is needed, how on earth can you supply them?

We customise the products around the customer' sales pitch anyone?

Sorry to hijack your thread but how on earth can youbuy something from someone who doesnt know why there is a problem... if you ask for the right product it will fit.
I know of 4 people with fidanza flywheels fitted to their non us impreza's, supplied from canada and the US.

I could tell you where you are going wrong, but as you are developing your own kit PMSL!

Rob
Old 04 September 2004, 02:11 PM
sosobad.com
Scooby Regular

hey tweenie,

we are not developing it ourselves per se but there is a company in Australia who do and will do so for us.

I am not doing any advertising, we can supply kits but the problem lays with talking to the yanks who can not understand our subarus - so thats why i thought id ask how you get around that problem. Do you know when i called ACT - they admitted it was their mistake and they said this new 1 they had was the right one so i said send me a picture of it and PML! they are complete idiots so eventually through my anger i found a company who customises clutches turbos and flywheels, the reason i am not mentioning them as of yet is that we want to sign the exclusive deal before we mention their name.

By the way matey i think you will be genuinely surprised when we do get this deal and people will choose us ahead of Fidanza!

PS: cheers for helping dude hope to chat to you more lol hope you come bck with a bit less sarcasm.
Old 04 September 2004, 02:29 PM
sosobad.com
Scooby Regular

put it this way - even if i dont understand the yanks - we can beat ANYBODY on price if theres a product we can get.
Old 04 September 2004, 03:54 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sosobad.com,
Please speak to the Webmaster about advertising opportunities and helping to support this FREE BBS.

Thanks.
Old 05 September 2004, 06:42 AM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

sosobad.com,
You are more than welcome to use the site and all it's facilities for free, but as I'm sure you understand it is the advertisers that keep this site the way it is

If you wish to advertise please have a look here: http://shop.scoobynet.co.uk/vendors/info.asp
Or contact the webmaster@scoobynet.co.uk for more info on becoming an "Aurthorised Advertiser"

I trust you understand this policy hope the we can all benefit from your involvement in the community

Thanks,
Dyney
Scoobynet Moderator!
Old 05 September 2004, 06:50 AM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

In answer to your original question:
Which fidanza flywheel is the one for the sti version 6 and which clutch do you recommend.
I don't know for sure which flywheel will fit but expect the 2.5RS flywheel will. Your friends across the pond should be familiar with that

As for the clutch what is the intended use of the car? (Track, drag or just "fast road")