Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Anyone got a Blitz Sonic Power Induction Kit fitted?

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2004, 11:34 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a Blitz Sonic Power Induction Kit fitted?

Fitted one a couple of weeks ago and car has been pants since - feels like it's holding back in boost.

Nevermind I thought - getting a Tek 3 soon that will sort it.

Unfortunately the remap was a disaster because the fuel correction at idle was +24%. Couldn't be remapped cos the mapper couldn't get a decent base point to start from.

There is a strip of metal that fits across the inlet before the MAF that seems to disrupt the air flow to make the MAF 'read correctly?'
We swapped this from bottom to top just in case I had fitted it incorrectly and I was amazed - the car wouldn't run at all, not even idle.

I didn't really believe it when people told me induction kits could cause this problem - but now I've seen it with my own eyes.

Anyone else got one fitted and working ok?

I'm very dubious of it - either it is causing the MAF to misread, or the MAF failed virtually straight away after fitting it.

I think I've pretty much decided to get rid anyway (even though it sounds good). I'll go back with the standard air box and get a decent panel filter fitted - as everyone recommends anyway (and they are ordering a MAF in case I need it)
Old 15 August 2004, 12:35 AM
oakleaf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yep

Thats why we do not sell Induction kits
I have however taken a few out of Scoobies

Nearly all were playing up

Mike
Camskill

Originally Posted by BedHog
Fitted one a couple of weeks ago and car has been pants since - feels like it's holding back in boost.

Nevermind I thought - getting a Tek 3 soon that will sort it.

Unfortunately the remap was a disaster because the fuel correction at idle was +24%. Couldn't be remapped cos the mapper couldn't get a decent base point to start from.

There is a strip of metal that fits across the inlet before the MAF that seems to disrupt the air flow to make the MAF 'read correctly?'
We swapped this from bottom to top just in case I had fitted it incorrectly and I was amazed - the car wouldn't run at all, not even idle.

I didn't really believe it when people told me induction kits could cause this problem - but now I've seen it with my own eyes.

Anyone else got one fitted and working ok?

I'm very dubious of it - either it is causing the MAF to misread, or the MAF failed virtually straight away after fitting it.

I think I've pretty much decided to get rid anyway (even though it sounds good). I'll go back with the standard air box and get a decent panel filter fitted - as everyone recommends anyway (and they are ordering a MAF in case I need it)