Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

can someone please explain

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2004, 04:00 PM
catalunya199again
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can someone please explain

can someone explain to me tin leymans what they are saying about the remapping with a baby board and why i have to pay more for the boost setup

cheers dave

THE UNICHIP WOULD COST £763:75 FITTED PLUS THE COST OF A TURBO CONTROL MODULE IF YOU WANTED THE BOOST MAPPED AS WELL . WE WOULD NEED A WEEK TO TEN DAYS NOTICE . THE TORQUE FIGURE IS ACHEVIABLE DEPENDING ON THE MODS , THE CAR COULD ALSO BE REMAPPED VIA A BABY BOARD AND INTERNAL CHIP FOR THE SAME SORT OF COST AND THIS WOULD RETAIN THE SAFETY OPERATION BUILT INTO THE ECU AS WELL
Old 30 June 2004, 11:48 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An Apexi Power FC from Andy Forrest would surely be a far better option in terms of value for money and flexibility.
Old 30 June 2004, 02:35 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dave,

iirc on the unichip they require a daughter board soldered to the ecu for the purposes of boost control.

harveys suggestion of an apexi is a complete replacement ecu which is remappable.

The daughter board mod of the unichip fools the ecu into thinking it is running different boost and fuelling settings, but the beatuty is it retains standard features such as ignition retard when it detects det, and idle control.

Personally I would not go the unichip route, it is a little old fashioned now, and a well mapped replacement ecu is the better option. The map is only as good as the mapper, dont think you would go far wrong with andy though.

it would help to know the model of the car with furtehr suggestions but if its a my99 or newer, then I would suggest the ecutek which is the best of both worlds in my opinion.