Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Scoobysport back box

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2004, 09:57 AM
PK-
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Scoobysport back box

Ordered a Scoobysport rear silencer last week now that they are trading again......
The exhaust came the next day - first class service I must say. I was well impressed.
Now the exhaust. It was almost a shame to put it on the car! It's a work of art, the quality of the welds and fittings are totally first rate.

Took about 20 min to get the car on axle stands and to get it swapped over and then I was off for a drive.

Couldn't believe it - the car has been liberated from the grip of a noose. Its smooth and flowing, feels like the whole thing is winding up much faster and im not just saying that, tis the truth!!
The sound is great - not at all vulgar like many of the other systems that have stupidly large tail pipes. The steady bop bop at idle builds up to "doodle bug" sound at higher revs. Well I think that's enough praise for now, im sure you get the picture

If the rear silencer makes me that happy just think what the centre section would do....mmm now theres a thought.
PK

Old 22 June 2004, 10:56 AM
GaryScoobNCBR
Scooby Regular

cheers for that pk been thinking of getting one myself, have you got any pics?
Old 22 June 2004, 11:07 AM
cefski
Scooby Regular

I'd agree with the above. Had the backbox and decat downpipe fitted a week and a half ago. Difference is throttle response and high end torque is impressive. Wonderful sound, too and as mentioned above, stunning build quality

Pics of mine HERE before fitting...

THIS is a close up of the tailpipe...

and HERE on the car.

For comparison THIS is the standard backbox on the same car.

Kev

Last edited by cefski; 22 June 2004 at 11:17 AM.
Old 22 June 2004, 11:14 AM
cefski
Scooby Regular

PK - from what I've been told, decat centre won't make that much difference with a standard downpipe. I was going to go the same way as you, ie have the back and centre replaced at the same time. Simon @ Scoobysport was good enough to point out that there'd be very little improvement in performance, as the standard d.pipe is the thing that most hampers the performance of the turbo. Comparing the neck of the standard d.pipe to the Ss d.pipe when they were both off the car, it's easy to see why.

Kev
Old 22 June 2004, 01:42 PM
PK-
Scooby Newbie

Talking

Nice photos Kev!

From what you say there then, its best to either go full system or just rear silencer.
I had a full system on my last car - my00 WRX wagon which had been given the Prodrive Performance Pack with the full exhaust change. I must say i found it very sluggish (grumpy i called it) under 3000rpm. Oh yeh ...and it was loud (but i loved it)

Are you running a full system?

Gary - you wont be dissapointed. Do it man, its worth the change over.
PK
Old 22 June 2004, 05:00 PM
cefski
Scooby Regular

I'm running the standard catted centre section with a Ss decat downpipe and backbox which, from what I understand, is the best compromise as the car should still pass emmissions and still offer noticeable performance gains.

kev
Old 22 June 2004, 05:28 PM
PK-
Scooby Newbie

Lightbulb

Oh right - nice one. Didnt know you could do that - well what i mean is, didnt know a ss decat down pipe would fit in without a change of centre section but i guess anything is possible!

Ok cheers for that
PK

Trending Topics

Old 22 June 2004, 07:26 PM
WHY
Scooby Regular

Talking

PK - How much was the B/B if you don't mind me asking

Mark W
Old 22 June 2004, 10:43 PM
cefski
Scooby Regular

WHY - CLICK HERE for the Scoobysport website and exhaust bits pricing. They only sell exhausts at the mo, having just been re-born and all, but the service is second to none.

Kev
Old 22 June 2004, 10:57 PM
ScoobySport (SdB)
Scooby Regular

Thanks chaps

The response has been incredible and development is well underway with our A-Team of WRC engineers producing some of the most incredible equipment you'll ever see for the Impreza road car based on WRC technology. I really can't wait to show you the results of their expertise, and it's a genuine privilage to be working with such an incredible team.

But genuinely, the most heart warming thing is to hear things like this as I place a huge importance on customer service. I have been on the receiving end of some shocking customer service in the past and refuse to perpetuate that all to common trait.

Thank you very much for the feedback

All the best

Simon